Homeless Mans Home

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
jakobkay60
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Homeless Mans Home

Post by jakobkay60 »

Okay well this is a kinda cool find I suppose. My buddy Mike and I were exploring the train tracks over there off of senic right next to the green way trails in springfield and we had noticed a small deer trail right next to the tracks. Being curious we walked back to this trail about 50 yards and then a man had greeted us. We had told him we were just fooling around and he had told us he lived back here and asked if we would like to see his homeless shelter I have to say for a homeless mans home it was absolutely incredible. For the past 2 years he had taken a bucket every single day and had t filled it with the small gravel at the park and had made a path with a small camp ground. There was a tent along with a home made guttering system so he would be sheltered from the rain and he had used a ax and cut surounding trees down and made fire wood. He said that being in the military had helped him out tons for survival and he said he would kill squirell for food and eat out of the trash can at dominos down the road. This was the coolest homeless mans place I have ever saw He had said we were the first people to have ever found him back there and that he moved back here because he couldnt stand the downtown bums and he felt he wasnt bothering anybody back there. It was the coolest thing ever but now that Im a bit older I kinda have realized he couldve killed us and nobody wouldve had a clue where we were. Im not sure its a find but I felt it was a cool story to share
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

RE: Homeless Mans Home

Post by liesreality »

cool story. :D
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Re: Homeless Mans Home

Post by DeathByMoth »

From "Urban Dictionary":

4. cool story bro.

The most suitable response one can give to a story that completely wasted ones precious time. Parents, co-workers, and history classes often provoke its usage.

Bobby: So guess what? Nina wrote me up again, because i came to work late the other day.

Kelly: Cool story bro.

I'm posting this to jakobkay60, about liesreality. I don't think he was trying to burn you there, as he is a pretty nice guy. I may be wrong of course, but when I read that it struck me as uncharacteristically sarcastic for liesreality, so you (probably) shouldn't take offense.

Just puttin' that out there.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

Hmm.......had no idea of that definition.

No, i meant no offense by my comment.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

Why in the world would "cool story :D" make you think he was being mean??? Is the entire world mean in your head? I took that to mean he enjoyed the story because I have a firm grasp on reality and take things on their face value.
Kit wrote:I am old
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

DeathByMoth wrote:From "Urban Dictionary":

4. cool story bro.

The most suitable response one can give to a story that completely wasted ones precious time. Parents, co-workers, and history classes often provoke its usage.

Bobby: So guess what? Nina wrote me up again, because i came to work late the other day.

Kelly: Cool story bro.

I'm posting this to jakobkay60, about liesreality. I don't think he was trying to burn you there, as he is a pretty nice guy. I may be wrong of course, but when I read that it struck me as uncharacteristically sarcastic for liesreality, so you (probably) shouldn't take offense.

Just puttin' that out there.
Cool story bro
THE THREAD KILLER!
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

Kit--Well said. :D

Twail--- LOL< ya. :D
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

I'm pretty sure it's the "bro" part that turns a phrase like "cool story" sarcastic.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

From "Urban Dictionary"

3. cool story

when someone says something really weird. akward, or something no one cares, about, so you say cool story to be sarcastic and show that you didn't care.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/thesauru ... cool+story
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Re: RE: Homeless Mans Home

Post by DeathByMoth »

liesreality wrote:Hmm.......had no idea of that definition.

No, i meant no offense by my comment.
I didn't think you did. You're a pretty nice guy. I just didn't see any response from jakobkay, so I wanted to clarify in case he took it offensively.
Last edited by DeathByMoth on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

Kit wrote:Why in the world would "cool story :D" make you think he was being mean??? Is the entire world mean in your head? I took that to mean he enjoyed the story because I have a firm grasp on reality and take things on their face value.
Fucking idiot...
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

LOL all you can do is name call??? Dont you try to verbally crush others for doing this exact thing? hahaha
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

Kit wrote:LOL all you can do is name call??? Dont you try to verbally crush others for doing this exact thing? hahaha
Read this:
Kit wrote:Why in the world would "cool story :D" make you think he was being mean??? Is the entire world mean in your head? I took that to mean he enjoyed the story because I have a firm grasp on reality and take things on their face value.
You obviously took what I said out of context. That's a lazy and ineffective trolling technique. Now ask yourself: Did that kind of ignorant, off topic nonsense really warrant an elaborate response?

Simply put, you don't strike me as being very intelligent, so I'm not trying very hard.

But don't feel bad, see look, turtle!

See? All better now.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

Poor DBM didnt like being called on his shit awww
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

DeathByMoth wrote:
Kit wrote:LOL all you can do is name call??? Dont you try to verbally crush others for doing this exact thing? hahaha
Read this:
You obviously took what I said out of context. That's a lazy and ineffective trolling technique. Now ask yourself: Did that kind of ignorant, off topic nonsense really warrant an elaborate response?

Simply put, you don't strike me as being very intelligent, so I'm not trying very hard.
Since we're quoting Urban Dictionary now.
Troll droll

Posts/comments from troll posters specifically design to attract/provoke regular/certain members to have a "confrontation" with them and try to make a situation look in such a way that its not a troll's fault, behaving as a drama queen.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand