Fayetteville, AR

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
pjbrida
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Fayetteville, AR

Post by pjbrida »

Recently my best friend and I have become quite interested in urban exploring, and really hope to go on some interesting expeditions here soon. However, as we are completely new to the urban community, we're not really sure of where to start. We've heard of the U of A steam tunnels, but have no idea where to start to get into them. Aside from this, we haven't heard of any other interesting places to give a look-over. Does anyone know of some places in Fayetteville (or relatively close) that we could look into exploring? Or if you know how to get into the steam tunnels, the whereabouts of an entrance would be nice as well.

WE NEED PLACES IN FAYETTEVILLE TO EXPLORE. :D
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: Fayetteville, AR

Post by GlassCurtain »

Welcome to the forum!

Monte Ne would be a good place to check out before it's gone. It's only about 30 mins away.

There's also the old nuclear reactor near West Fork. You can't explore it but it's cool to check out.

We found an old mine that Zero mountain doesn't use anymore so they collapsed part of it but it's still a huge, cool place to check out. Although I'm not sure if it's there anymore since they developed the land a while back.

If you're looking for places a little farther there's Wonderland cave in Bella Vista.

Also, An abandoned train tunnel near Beaver/Eureka springs/Holiday island.

Hell's Half acre in Hot Springs.

Or just walk around downtown. There's lots of roofs to get on!

You can click the search button in the top right corner to find out more specific info about these places. Make sure you search under the Arkansas forum.

Have fun, be safe and respectful to these places and most importantly take pics and share your adventures with us!
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
pjbrida
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Fayetteville, AR

Post by pjbrida »

Okay, thanks! I'll be sure to give a few of those a potential look-over. You don't, however, know much about the steam tunnels do you?
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Nope never really looked for access to the steam tunnels. I think there's an old thread that mentions an access point but that may have only been when a certain building was under construction. I'll see if I can find it.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Oh and if you want to go a few hours out of your way there is a huge abandoned satellite built by the Howard Hughes corp. in Hopper, AR.

Here's the thread: viewtopic.php?t=2643&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

pjbrida
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by pjbrida »

Awesome, awesome. You've been a ton of help. I did give a quick search to find the post that you believe to be somewhere on here, but couldn't find one with enough information or information that is valuable any longer.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

RE: Fayetteville, AR

Post by liesreality »

Edit: Sorry, i posted a place, but it was 2 hours from you. I 1st misread the map and thought it was a 1/2 hour from you.

There is another member though on the site RXGT, that I have sent some messages back and forth with. They seem to know where some places are in your town. :D
thechariot
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by thechariot »

GlassCurtain wrote:Welcome to the forum!

There's also the old nuclear reactor near West Fork. You can't explore it but it's cool to check out.

you most certainly can