ULTIMATE CAVE MAP

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

ULTIMATE CAVE MAP

Post by jammer_smith »

Here's what I've got so far. If anyone has any additions I can make to it then let me know.

Individual markers have brief descriptions of the site.

**Link redacted. Please PM me directly for any specific location information**
capias
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: ULTIMATE CAVE MAP

Post by capias »

Thanks for the work.
me fail english, thats unpossible!
bonnaroodude
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bonnaroodude »

Thank you for this the gps on my phone provides directions right to these. Got some new places to explore this weekend! Let us know if you update it please!
Jesta
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: ULTIMATE CAVE MAP

Post by Jesta »

Wrote you a comment on Google, but to reiterate: awesome map and great job, really thank you for the work you put into that.
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

It's just about time to start exploration season again. I want to bump this thread up to the top. I've made a few changes to the map. I've color coded the markers and added a couple of entries.

If anyone has anything to add to this map, please let me know. You can send me a PM here or just respond on this thread. Any and all caves will do, and mines will do, and even interesting Karst areas with no caves will be checked out.

I know there are many many more caves in Greene County, and I intend to see as many as possible before I move to St. Louis this fall. I've had a hell of a fun 4 years chasing the adventures on this site and want to really throw a hail mary this year.
critter
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by critter »

Wow! Great work!
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

Thanks for sharing. Awesome list you posted.
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

Just got a new cave yesterday, It's just south of the martha's pancake house (I think martha's) on south campbell. It's just off the bicycle trail before it loops around and goes under the highway. It doesn't go any farther back than maybe 10 feet, and is really more of a Spring. There is a lot of water comming out of it. I'd be interested if anyone knows the official name of this spring. You can see it on the Ultimate Cave Map, location is called Lakewood Spring Cave.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

I also added an entry for the Terrell Creek Karst Canyons, which are not caves, but I think certainly worth going to check out.
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

ward spring...It's called the Belgium waffle house.
Last edited by Twail Wetard on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE THREAD KILLER!
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

Did you go in the catalpa cave and is it the same one that is in the below thread near kraft?
THE THREAD KILLER!
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

Ah..so THAT's Ward Spring. Makes perfect sense.

No I have not been to Catalpa cave. I only have kinda vauge directions to it. "Off catalpa, near the railroad tracks, kind in a back yard with a house with a pool nearby". I havn't been out there looking yet. It's currently in Red on my Cave Map.

You're a rather prodigious caver, we could work together a bit and really fill this map out. Care to take a look at let me know if you know of any that aren't on my map?
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

Well I guess I'm going to look for the catalpa cave this afternoon. I'm thinking its east of 65 though near Jones spring, but ill check in your area.

Yeah, I've got a few you can add. You need to get backcountry navigator app the pay for version, it has topod with tons of locations.
THE THREAD KILLER!
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

Since tomorrow is going to be beautiful I plan to wake up and hit the road at about 9am and do a grand cycling tour of Springfield knocking a lot of un-discovered locations off my map. I'll start on east battlefield and search for three additional caves that are part of the Sequiota cluster. Then head north and search for Catalpa Cave, the cave east of Hickory Hills Club, and Jones' Spring Cave. From there it is up to CBC to look for CBC Cave, then to Lost Hills in search of Devil's Den, and Valley cave, and lastly to Fulbright Park to find Keyhole Cave.

There are only so many hours in a day, so we'll see how far I make it.
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

more than 30 miles of bicycle riding and hiking today, and I only found one small cave, but still, a day with at least one new cave is not a day wasted.

Jones Spring Cave is now updated on the Ultimate Cave map.