Presbyterian Hill

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
RV driver
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Presbyterian Hill

Post by RV driver »

has anyone explored Presbyterian hill just south of Branson? Back in the day, there used to be a flight of concrete steps that went up the bluff, and I think a couple of old buildings. does anyone know what's left of the place?
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Re: Presbyterian Hill

Post by lolabelle »

There are some old photograph/postcards of the place on this site. It's a cool site, and I just spent a good amount of time going through these old photos. Very cool.

http://gchudleigh.com/bransonarea.htm
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Is Presbyterian Hill (Mt. Branson) the bluff that knox ave is on? Or is it the one directly across from the landing with the Candlestick Inn?
Last edited by Nicotti on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

-Ayn Rand
RV driver
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by RV driver »

Nicotti wrote:Is Presbyterian Hill (Mt. Branson) the bluff that knox ave is on? Or is it the one directly across from the landing with the Candlestick Inn?
When you take the old road south through town, past main street, you will cross Taneycomo on the old bridge. Just beyond the bridge, the road T's. If you go right, you go to Hollister. That bluff at which the road T's is presbyterian hill.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Ah, so the one knox is on then. I lived in the Branson area for nearly 10 years before I moved to StL.

By the way, the road no longer T's it now O's. When they built the new bridge, they blasted out some of that hillside and built a roundabout where that light was. I haven't been over there since they finished it, but hopefully it's alot less backed up now heading south than it used to be... well it probably isn't right now cause I think they're still rebuilding the old bridge... but when that's done. The new bridge connects to the road that runs along the landing.

-Ayn Rand
RV driver
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by RV driver »

Nicotti wrote:Ah, so the one knox is on then. I lived in the Branson area for nearly 10 years before I moved to StL.

By the way, the road no longer T's it now O's. When they built the new bridge, they blasted out some of that hillside and built a roundabout where that light was. I haven't been over there since they finished it, but hopefully it's alot less backed up now heading south than it used to be... well it probably isn't right now cause I think they're still rebuilding the old bridge... but when that's done. The new bridge connects to the road that runs along the landing.
They ruined the old staircase, then!
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

The bottom is gone, but quite a bit of it still exists.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!