CAVES

Urban exploration in Missouri
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

CAVES

Post by Twail Wetard »

Anybody willing to share some cave locations with me or would recommend some caves to check out. I can send some locations to you if your interested, Im looking for some new caves to check out around springfield or an hr or 2 drive. Maybe somthing with some size or interesting features or history...

Thanks,
TWAIL WETARD
THE THREAD KILLER!
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Re: CAVES

Post by Twail Wetard »

C'Mon ya Ass hats, nobodys wanting to share?
THE THREAD KILLER!
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

Roubidoux in Waynesville is a favorite amongst cavers around here. It has everything from beginner to advanced stuff (though no vertical stuff) and is about 2 miles long. Also in Waynesville is Piquet cave if you're looking for something longer, it drags on for 5 miles. The owner of Roubidoux lives in washington state and readily gives out permission to those who ask, though if you don't the cops WILL be on you and your vehicle when you get out. If at all interested I can get his contact info for you.

Waynesville might be a bit out of your driving range, about 2.5 hours from spgfld, but well worth it. Also if you continue the hike up to Rolla, I can make it well worth your time ;) (in a really non-gay way)

But those are the furthest south caves I know of because I too like to stay local with my caving.
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

RE: CAVES

Post by Twail Wetard »

Roubidoux is on the list, send me the info about the owner and ill see what he says. I believe I've heard of piquet cave, what are the formations like in these caves, any vandalism and people tearing stuff up around there. Most of the caves around spfd. Seem to have plenty of graffiti and damage. A trip to rolla might be in order when it cools down a tad, if you don't mind showing a buddy and me around? What do you have in mind around rolla?
THE THREAD KILLER!
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

Have You heard of tunnel cave around waynesville area? That's on my list aswell. Roubidoux cave is also know as pikes peak, Kraft cave and Indian cave right?
THE THREAD KILLER!
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

Re: RE: CAVES

Twail Wetard wrote: what are the formations like in these caves, any vandalism and people tearing stuff up around there.
At Roubidoux, speleothem growth is limited to certain portions of the back, nothing spectacular but still a pretty neat cave. Definitely worth a look at least once in life, especially with passages named "birth canal", "the sphincter" and "Bowels of the Earth (<-- an AWESOME room).

There is some vandalism since it's right off the highway and can be seen from hwy 17, but most is in the entrance rooms and after about 500 feet in it's almost non existent.
Twail Wetard wrote:What do you have in mind around rolla?
PM on it's way
Twail Wetard wrote:Have You heard of tunnel cave around waynesville area?
Yeah, I think that one also goes by the name Railroad cave if Im not mistaken. I have wanted to look at that one for a long time now. A through cave with lots of little side niches.
Twail Wetard wrote:Roubidoux cave is also know as pikes peak, Kraft cave and Indian cave right?
Yes
ASK
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ASK »

I went to railroad cave when i was around 10 or so, one of my favorite caves, when you walk out the other side the view is so amazing.
brainbrian
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by brainbrian »

PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:Also in Waynesville is Piquet cave if you're looking for something longer, it drags on for 5 miles.
Do you have the contact information for the owner of Piquet?
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

brainbrian wrote:
PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:Also in Waynesville is Piquet cave if you're looking for something longer, it drags on for 5 miles.
Do you have the contact information for the owner of Piquet?
I do not, and I'd probably have to do some digging to find out who owns it. Otherwise I'd have to make the drive and visit in person under the hope they say I can go in.
brainbrian
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by brainbrian »

PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:have to make the drive and visit in person under the hope they say I can go in.
Does that ever work? Maybe bring along some sort of gift or something or a waiver along?

I've driven by it and I can see the giant cave entrance, and their house is sitting virtually right in front of it with nowhere to leave a car. I don't think even the riskiest of trespassers would do so here.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

brainbrian wrote:
PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:have to make the drive and visit in person under the hope they say I can go in.
Does that ever work? Maybe bring along some sort of gift or something or a waiver along?

I've driven by it and I can see the giant cave entrance, and their house is sitting virtually right in front of it with nowhere to leave a car. I don't think even the riskiest of trespassers would do so here.
usually the owner of a well known cave will let you in even if you just drive up. I dont bring gifts or bribes, but I do tell them that when I go caving I go with respect for the cave and like to bring in trashbags and haul out trash on my way back out. They usually like that, plus it's good caving etiquette and improves the cave. If they say no, oh well it was worth a shot.
I've only been told no once, by some guy north of st louis, but all the cave owners in the ozarks I have had contact with are aware of the caving community around and allow visits. The guy who owns Gourd Creek cave south of rolla is super lax about visitors as long as they dont trash the place, and that cave is an old archaeological dig site with history and artifacts some cave owners would be sensitive about. But take a shot see what you can come up with.
azr3al
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by azr3al »

Did either of you ever find out the owners contact info for Piquet cave? Sounds like one hell of a cave to visit.

I'm probably going to drive up to it this weekend and just ask the owner, unless hopefully you guys have a number on it...... :D fingers crossed
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

I've never bothered with piquet, as I've heard mixed things about the owners being stingy, and it's too far of a drive for me to just go knock on their door and be told to fuck off. And normally when they say no, there's no changing their minds. Let me know if you have any luck.
azr3al
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by azr3al »

Found the owner's info for piquet cave. Calling in a few hours. I'll post the result
azr3al
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by azr3al »

Owner said no. Only lets conservation agents come out to check bat population. He did say it is a bad ass cave though. FUCK