1st Annual Oklahoma Drain Party

All meetups, whether UE or non-UE, should be posted in this forum
KingJalopy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

1st Annual Oklahoma Drain Party

Post by KingJalopy »

This June Mr_Fiend and myself will be throwing the 1st annual Oklahoma drain party in the infamous Elm Creek Tunnel in beautiful Tulsa.

Elm creek is a 20 ft tall arch style drain built in the 1920's servicing more than 5 miles of Tulsa. Features include vaulted rooms, multiple feeders large enough to explore, and even platforms in rooms so big they were rumored to be subway platforms. (They aren't so just stop with that)

Festivities will include beer, liquor, fire works, food, games, live music from some of the finest musicians in DFW and Oklahoma, and excellent photo opportunities.

**(I have several bands interested in this gig and if you're one of them send me a PM. No, you won't be getting paid, but exposure never hurt anyone. Especially this kind. You will also have to play acoustically due to the insane reverberation.)

For anyone worried about accommodations due to lack of funds or whatever, many of us will be sleeping overnight in the tunnel, including me. It is perfectly safe unless of course rain is in the forecast, and there is plenty of dry areas due to the massive size of the drain. I am able to accommodate at least 10 people at my own home if something happens and we can't stay in the drain, but I intend to sleep underground.

I encourage everyone who can make it to come on out and get their drain party on at the 1st Annual Oklahoma Drain Meet in Tulsa Oklahoma.

The date will be June 18th @ 8 PM. We'll meet up at the outfall located at the 23rd St. bridge and Riverside Dr.
http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=3 ... 5&t=h&z=17

Required Equipment -
Flashlight
Batteries
Water
Beer - if you drink

Recommended equipment -
Beer - if you drink
Smokes - if you smoke
Sleeping bag - if you plan to stay
Extra Socks - if you want dry feet
Food - if you plan to eat

We really hope to see everyone make it, we know it's going to be a great time and we know we'll all make some great friends and great memories. Let's make it an event that won't soon be forgotten!

This thread is officially the place for discussion so fire away with any questions or requests.

Here's some sample pics of the tunnel.

KingJalopy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: 1st Annual Oklahoma Drain Party

Post by KingJalopy »

I realize a lot of you don't know who I am, but I am a regular user on UER.ca and AbandonedOK, if you wish to view some of my posts.

White Rabbit asked me to sign up here and post this for everyone here.

I hope you all can make it, it will be a great time.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: 1st Annual Oklahoma Drain Party

Post by White Rabbit »

I should be there :)
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

That sounds awesome. Too bad I'm old, fat and wimpy. Oh and broke and scared of spiders and too shy to meet people.

Damn, don't I sound awesome?
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

slow_walker wrote:That sounds awesome. Too bad I'm old, fat and wimpy. Oh and broke and scared of spiders and too shy to meet people.

I still think you're awesome Pokey.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

Don't be shy now. Everyone of all types of shapes, ages, and tax brackets will be there, including me. If anything, come to Tulsa for our epic drains, only matched by larger cities like New York and the twin cities.
KingJalopy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by KingJalopy »

I would like to add for those of you who may attend that aren't coming from Oklahoma, our beer is weak ass shit. 3 point or something. You can get the good stuff at a liquor store but only imports, or PBR. Other than that you can drive to Caney, Kansas like we do for your good Coors, Miller, etc... 6 point stuff.

Also, I highly doubt that anyone here is coming from DFW, but if you are, I am offering a shuttle service from DFW to Tulsa and back. In my Honda Civic, so we're talking like 3 people comfortably. 4 if someone doesn't mind riding bitch, and I do mean bitch. All I ask is you pitch in 10 bucks for gas.

If you live in between here and there, that is also fine, as long as you aren't too far out of the way.

PM me or just hit my email directly. Email is preferable, it goes right to my phone, and I have a hard time keeping up with so many forums. So, I may forget to check here.

KingJalopy@gmail.com
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

Nicotti wrote:
slow_walker wrote:That sounds awesome. Too bad I'm old, fat and wimpy. Oh and broke and scared of spiders and too shy to meet people.

I still think you're awesome Pokey.
I'd be more likely to believe you if you hadn't abandoned me for so long here. :P
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

slow_walker wrote:I'd be more likely to believe you if you hadn't abandoned me for so long here. :P
Aye, it's my greatest regret in life...

well that, and that homeless guy in murdered in Cuba...ah never mind.
KingJalopy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by KingJalopy »

I have confirmed at least one band for the night.

Their name is King Cobra and they gave up a paying gig just play for us, so lets show them lots of support.

Here's a link to their page so you can hear what they sound like.

http://www.reverbnation.com/kingcobramusic
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

You guys have some way of getting power down there for the band's equipment...?
KingJalopy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by KingJalopy »

White Rabbit wrote:You guys have some way of getting power down there for the band's equipment...?
Yes.
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

Sounds really awesome. That's about an 11 hour round trip from St Louis. Hmm I have a shitload of leftover fireworks, but not enough free time or gas money :(

Nicotti can pay for gas if Pokey will meet us in Tulsa! I'll make the free time and drive. What about you SubLunar et. al?
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

redox wrote:Sounds really awesome. That's about an 11 hour round trip from St Louis. Hmm I have a shitload of leftover fireworks, but not enough free time or gas money :(

Nicotti can't pay for shit, let alone gas if Pokey will meet us in StL! We'll make the free time and hit the strip clubs. What about you SubLunar et. al?
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

They sound too good to play in a drain.