Nasalam- in Fair Grove?

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
cousin
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Nasalam- in Fair Grove?

Post by cousin »

was looking at fallout shelter info and came across this... Anyone ever seen it?

236. Nasalm

Nasalm

Nasalam is the solution that many have been seeking. We have been given a vision of community to serve as a base for founding a new society for the New Age. Remember - it only takes a few dedicated people to change the world.

Nasalam is a tantric community. Few in the west have a very accurate understanding of what is really meant by the term tantra and the spirituality it promotes, so we will attempt to clarify what tantra means to us.

The most widely known use of the term is with reference to certain sexual practices, so we'll begin there. Tantra is concerned with sex because it is the strongest natural force we have at our disposal and it makes more sense to work with that force than to oppose it. Sex is the source of all life and anyone interested in life must also be interested in sex.

Most yogas teach that it is the goal of spiritual work to overcome all desires, all pleasures. Tantra teaches just the opposite - to enjoy the senses, immerse oneself in their fulfillment because by doing this one will become more alive.

It is assumed that people who choose to live in an tantric/erotic community are open to living in an openly erotic way - or at least willing to learn to live that way. The minimal expectation of people in this regard is that they participate in the erotic massage that is a part of the regular activity at Nasalam.

In addition to being an tantric community Nasalam is an experiment in social design. We believe that it is part of Nasalam's destiny to be a source of social change. Part of the change we envision is an evolution away from the nuclear family to a new tribalism. In order to accomplish that it is necessary to consciously live in ways that will promote the development of that tribal bonding.

As a spiritual community Nasalam agrees with the idea of holding all possessions in common. But we also acknowledge that in this modern materialist age this is a difficult idea for some people and want to work with them to make the transition to a spiritual lifestyle that is not focused on the acquisition of material possessions.

Nasalam is situated on 21 acres of sacred land in the Missouri Ozarks. At present, housing consists of a single dwelling which has been modified to better serve the needs of a community. Our current project is a new kitchen and deck, to be followed by better bathroom and laundry facilities. Soon it will be necessary to begin a second structure for housing future members.

Nasalam is a vegan community. That means there is no animal protein in our diet - no meat, no milk, no cheese, no eggs. This is necessitated by the spiritual work we are here to do and there are no exceptions made.

There is much more to Nasalam - indeed to any community - than can be put forth in a few paragraphs but it is hoped that this material will make it possible for the individual to decide whether they want to know more about the community. If you do, please feel free to write with your specific questions.

And while the community is still forming we are always glad to have visitors. So consider coming to the Missouri Ozarks and experience for yourself what a tantric community can be for people like us. Just let us know when you would like to visit so we can send you visitor information about staying with us.

nasalam@aol.com

Contact Name: Uriel
864 N. Ranch Rd.
Fair Grove, MO 65648-7622
Phone: 417-759-7854
E-mail: nasalam@aol.com
VBJag
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Nasalam- in Fair Grove?

Post by VBJag »

This is where I stopped reading.
Sex is the source of all life and anyone interested in life must also be interested in sex.
Looks like I'll be making a trip out to visit these people. :lol:
sneaky1
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: Nasalam- in Fair Grove?

Post by sneaky1 »

I would say i'm very interested in life...with the right girls.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 3&t=h&z=18

looks like a trailer to me. Would you guys give up meat for sex? Seems to me in this day and age it would be easy enough to get sex without giving up milk cheese meat and eggs. And all your worldly possessions lol. Cults are so weird.
Kit wrote:I am old
DigitalNinja
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by DigitalNinja »

Lol Yeah, I was totally on board untill they mentioned the diet. My next thought was wondering what the penalty for smuggling steak in might be.
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

nasty hippies
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P