Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Subway station in Tulsa?
View previous topic | View next topic  
bugo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Locations: Tulsa
Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Subway station in Tulsa? Reply with quote

I've heard rumors that a subway was planned for Tulsa and a station was completed but the project was canceled. Supposedly you can reach this subway station via one of the many tunnels that run underneath Tulsa. Has anyone heard any proof one way or the other about this subway?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Subway station in Tulsa? Reply with quote

I have no clue, but I just did a google search for Tulsa Subway station and this post is officially number 4 on the list!
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Locations: The 918 Area

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: RE: Subway station in Tulsa? Reply with quote

I'm afraid it may be the result of some very unexperienced people finding a large junction room in a storm sewer and thinking it was part of an old subway station. From what I have heard about it, that must be it. So, total BS in other words. BUT, I could be wrong...

Someone claimed to have been in tunnels with lots of graffiti and found a "train platform" and of course thought it was an old subway. I'm 90% sure I know what tunnels they are talking about.

If this "subway" actually does exist, I'll find it.

Here is a picture of the room I was talking about, the left side is an "elevated platform", and the right side could be confused with a subway tunnel, but it is definitely NOT, its been an underground creek ever since it was built in the early 20's.

bugo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Locations: Tulsa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: RE: Subway station in Tulsa? Reply with quote

Thanks for the info and that great picture. I can see how somebody might think it was a subway station.

I found a thread on abandonedOK.com that you posted regarding a rumored underground stadium in Tulsa. Have you found any more info on it? That would be a hell of a find.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Subway station in Tulsa? Reply with quote

bugo wrote:

I found a thread on abandonedOK.com that you posted regarding a rumored underground stadium in Tulsa. Have you found any more info on it? That would be a hell of a find.

Uh, well, I did find it. But its more of the undergound OF a stadium rather than an underground stadium. Thats a hint if you are familar with Tulsa history, specifically the early 50's.

Its completely sealed off and hasnt seen the light of day in about 50+ years. I'm currently trying to find a way in, but so far nothing.

gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Locations: Have gun, will travel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Subway station in Tulsa? Reply with quote

Willard wrote:
I have no clue, but I just did a google search for Tulsa Subway station and this post is officially number 4 on the list!

You know, I've been noticing that whenever I google things mentioned on UO, any topics from here are usually in the top ten or so results, and usually have better info than you'll find elsewhere. The internet must think we know what we're talking about.

Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Locations: The Four States

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Subway station in Tulsa? Reply with quote

Fiend wrote:
bugo wrote:

Uh, well, I did find it. But its more of the undergound OF a stadium rather than an underground stadium. Thats a hint if you are familar with Tulsa history, specifically the early 50's.

Its completely sealed off and hasnt seen the light of day in about 50+ years. I'm currently trying to find a way in, but so far nothing.
Man that would be cool.
buckybear
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Subway station in Tulsa? Reply with quote

Check the newspaper morgue at the library downtown. I know the site you are talking about. There was a photo of the basement partly exposed where some construction workers broke through into it by mistake. You could see what I think were the big refrigeration motors for the ice rink.
buckybear
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: RE: Subway station in Tulsa? Reply with quote

Check the newspaper morgue at the library downtown. I know the site you are talking about. There was a photo of the basement partly exposed where some construction workers broke through into it by mistake. You could see what I think were the big refrigeration motors for the ice rink.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Subway station in Tulsa? Reply with quote

buckybear wrote:
There was a photo of the basement partly exposed

Now I knew about them breaking into it, but I did NOT know there was a picture!!! Ima gonna look that up! Thanks

Jump to:  

Page 1 of 1