Labadie Mansion?

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
beautiful_sadness
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Labadie Mansion?

Post by beautiful_sadness »

Somewhere outside of Bartlesville, OK there's suposedly a mansion way out in the woods on top of a huge hill. I guess it's been abandoned since the 1930's after half of it burned down and the family died. It's supposed to be very haunted and really cool. I've been in the area hunting for the place many times, but I've never found it. I found a few new leads though that point me to Hulah, OK. I guess there's a "Labadie Cemetery" there with only 10 or so buried in it. 3 of those 10 died on the same day of the same year, so I'm pretty sure there's some truth behind the rumors of the place. Also, a friend of my family claimed to know where the mansion was, but she refused to tell me because it was "too dangerous." Lol. That just made me want to find it even more. I dunno. I'd LOVE to have more information on the place, if anybody has any to offer.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

RE: Labadie Mansion?

Post by whipping_post »

We have some resident ghost folks that might be able to shed some light on it. www.ghouli.com is their website so that you can ask them. If they give you a good answer, post it here so that the few of us Okies can know! :D
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

You might also try eerieok.com. One of the ladies from there posts on here, sometimes. Her name is Idontlikespam.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

Thanks, I forgot about the other site. Please forgive the lapse in my poor neglected memory.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by idontlikespam »

I've heard of it and I'm looking into it. I'm the founder of Eerie Oklahoma and a member of GHOULI so either way we'll see what we can find out :).
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Re: RE: Labadie Mansion?

Post by whipping_post »

idontlikespam wrote:I've heard of it and I'm looking into it. I'm the founder of Eerie Oklahoma and a member of GHOULI so either way we'll see what we can find out :).
Thanks, my poor memory just isn't what it use to be! I did remember ghouli but the Eerie Oklahoma slipped my mind.

Yeah, it's even in my favorites. Shoot me, shoot me now.
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by psychosaw13 »

I found a couple of pics for ya. I lived in Bartlesville my whole life & still haven't been there. I think it's in the Hula lake area but just dont know much more about it.
But here is a story I dug up somewhere.

The story of Frank and Samantha Labadie is as ironic as it is haunting. The tale takes place in Copan, Oklahoma. We are not for sure when they were wed but considering the seven year age difference between the two, we are guessing in the early 1880s. But since there are no more Labadie relatives, we are not 100% sure. The story goes like this... Ever since the Labadies had been married they could not have a child. Both were heart broken but more so Frank. Living with them was Enos Parsons, a loyal black slave who did not want freedom even after the civil war. The story goes in the winter of 1892, when Parsons was 46, he and Samantha Labadie had an affair which ended in Samantha being pregnant. By about April of 1893, Samantha began to show that she was with child. Frank rejoiced not knowing that the baby was not his. When the baby was born it was obviously black. In the end, Parsons admitted to the affair which caused Frank into a fury. Frank shot his 44 Henry Rifle one time killing Parsons. Frank dumped the body in a creek nearby. Some say the body never floated but sank right to the bottom of the creek, there where it lies today. When he returned to the house that night he told Samantha that he would send the baby down the creek. Then in the spring of 1935, Frank began to go absolutely crazy, saying that he was being haunted by the ghost of Enos Parsons. On April 1, 1935 Frank took out his colt house pistol, shot Samantha four times killing her and then killed himself with one shot. When the bodies were found, the sixth bullet was missing from the gun. When the house was searched, the 44 Henry rifle which he used to kill Parsons was never found. Now if anyone goes out near the Labadie mansion, people say they are haunted by the Labadie family and Enos Parsons. The ghosts of both Frank and Samantha haunt the mansion. Frank has been known to be very aggressive towards anyone who enters his home. Enos Parsons haunts the woods and the creek to which he was thrown, still holding the gun that was used to kill him. Shots have also been heard in the woods which cause the birds to strangely hover in the air above where the shot was. And if you look into the creek, you may just catch a glimpse of the Labadie baby that still haunts it.

Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

We used to live north of there not too far, in Elk City, Kansas. We still visit Bartlesville several times a year to go to Woolaroc. I've heard various tales about how the Labadie Mansion came to be haunted, but never that one before.

I wish I could recall the site where I read about the whole haunting thing being debunked, but I can't.
"That old hag hates my ass."
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by psychosaw13 »

I am gonna try my best to get out there and take pics of the Cemetary & what's left of the house this weekend.

so we all can have some updated shots of the place.

if anyone can dig up some more stories I'd love to hear'em! :D
copanhornet36
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by copanhornet36 »

Hey i know wer it is at freaky shit happens i get scared averytime i go out there
VBJag
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by VBJag »

copanhornet36 wrote:Hey i know wer it is at freaky shit happens i get scared averytime i go out there
It's the lizard people trying to scare you away. That's the entrance to one of their secret underground headquarters.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

Jags&Pointers wrote:
copanhornet36 wrote:Hey i know wer it is at freaky shit happens i get scared averytime i go out there
It's the lizard people trying to scare you away. That's the entrance to one of their secret underground headquarters.
I knew it!
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Re: Labadie Mansion?

Post by cobcob »

GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Labadie Mansion?

Post by Fiend »

cobcob wrote:http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 5&t=h&z=17

Is this the right area?
Within a few hundred yards...