Remnants of The Hudson Oil Refinery in Cushing

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Remnants of The Hudson Oil Refinery in Cushing

Post by Fiend »

This is what is left of the Hudson Oil Refinery in Cushing. All the cool equipment and processing units were dismantled sometime in the 90’s after it was shut down in the 80's. A relative of mine even used to work at this refinery. I love refineries, and I have a lot of experience with them. I have read a few places on the web that they are planning on rebuilding it back into an operating oil refinery. That’s music to my ears, we need more refineries. Anyways, these remaining buildings seem almost untouched (from vandals and taggers) since the refinery shut down, which is a rare find, especially since these buildings are in plain sight right next to a neighbor hood. Two of these buildings were labs that refineries used to test their products, there were numerious old burners, test bottles, vent hoods, and old testing equipment that I have never even seen before. The other buildings were used for tool and equipment storage. This refinery span on the north and south side of the highway, these buildings were on the south side. There are several concrete structures hidden in the woods on the northern side that I haven’t explored yet. I have more pics that I may upload later.

Dry Chemical Fire Extinguishers

psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Remnants of The Hudson Oil Refinery in Cushing

Post by psychosaw13 »

Dang bro! you always find the koolest stuff! Fantastic pics as usual! It almost resembals a small deserted town!
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Remnants of The Hudson Oil Refinery in Cushing

Post by ropingk »

man them is some awesome pics
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
beautiful_sadness
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Remnants of The Hudson Oil Refinery in Cushing

Post by beautiful_sadness »

Wowie. I've been through Cushing a thousand times and never knew this was there. Awesome find!
mrnsmyth
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mrnsmyth »

I just moved to Cushing, I never expected to learn there where so many interesting things near by.
RAWR
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

Lost of oil history in the area. You would be surprised what you find around there. Drumright, actually has something very similiar to this place, I havent taken pictures of it yet.