dogpatch USA

Urban exploration in Arkansas
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: dogpatch USA

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

and thanks. I haven't ever really left, I just rarely comment these days... well, years...
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: dogpatch USA

Post by ropingk »

did you see on the history channel the other night they were doing something on places that are no longer active and they had a pic of what looked like the kissing rocks at dogpatch they never said where it was but it sure looked like it was there are they still there????
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

News flash: for the past several years I have become a casual collector of postcards, brochures, etc. of Ozark area towns and attractions. This week I got my hands on a 12 page newspaper from Dogpatch USA in 1980. I love ebay.

Anywho, it dawned on me that I should be taking pictures of my items and showing them off to people. So here's a few pages of the Dogpatch Dispatch and here's a link to Flickr so you can see the rest. I'm thinking about doing this for all of my really cool items... including Springfield postcards and old Silver Dollar City scenes, etc. What do you guys think? Would you be interested in seeing those?

If you look at these on my Flickr page and enlarge them to original size you can read all the print.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

that is so cool
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

Nice work Slow!!
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

KSPR did a news story on the lawsuit going on with Dogpatch. They neglected to mention that the teenager who got hurt was trespassing.
http://www.kspr.com/news/local/86355067.html
tinmann620@yahoo.com
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by tinmann620@yahoo.com »

Yes, and the fact all work on preserving the place was haulted, because of the b.s. lawsuit. A lot more behind the scenes than they are aware of.
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

This KSPR report was completely wrong. They didn't check the appellate courts records to verify their information. We haven't lost yet. The case was sent back to the County because the county failed to formally remove the dismissed parties, amongst other things, before the appellate judges reviewed the case. The county clerk was absolutely clueless as to what the truth about the case is, which is very unfortunate, because that is her job.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

but thats about how it is isnt it

good luck
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

My newest purchase:

m0ridin
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by m0ridin »

$8 seems like nothing for the fun times I had there as a kid
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

those tickets are in great shape!
Kit wrote:I am old
testube
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by testube »

If the family with the injured trespasser wins and takes possession of the property, it sounds like you'll need to invest in a 4-wheeler, do a little trespassing of your own, and get yourself hurt to get it back.
:twisted:

What a crock of shit - this reminds me of those cases where a burglar gets injured while breaking and entering someone's house and some moron judge awards them a personal injury settlement.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

or the guy who got his hands ran over while trying to STEAL the hub caps id say just shoot them and be done with it
justcuriousdi
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by justcuriousdi »

I am not from Arkansas, Chicago actually. I came here in 1990 to attend college. My husband has mentioned Dogpatch before, but I never really paid much attention until we passed it a few years ago. It really made me curious. How sad it looked. Right then I would have loved a tour of it. I would never tresspass though. I hope the owner(s) have a better outcome in court. I have been reading/watching things about it quite a bit. Im not sure who owns it or what parts of it (hard to tell by what you read), but I wish you luck on the court case. It is definately a "small town" ran court case. Just my opinion. Seems to be quite a bit of that here in the south. Although I do love it here. I hope someday to get to see this place :P