UFO Hunters come to the Ozarks

Urban exploration in Missouri
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

UFO Hunters come to the Ozarks

Post by Sertile »

Does anyone here watch UFO Hunters? I happened to catch a rerun the other day on the History Channel where they went to an undisclosed location (which they called "Site X") here in SWMO. They didn't say where it was supposed to be, but it looked like the Branson area when they showed it on a map.

Anyway, the whole episode was about "orbs" (which just looked like Spooklights to me) and featured an interview with Ted Phillips, who I think is the Moonshaft guy WR knows.

The whole episode's up on Youtube, but only the first part talks about MO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifx7vKoehFc

Has anybody else heard of this? Any idea where this "Site X" is supposed to be? The only place I know of that fits the bill is Joplin, but this is supposed to be someplace else, apparently.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Re: UFO Hunters come to the Ozarks

Post by slow_walker »

It's all new to me, but twice in the video they showed a map and drew a line from Ozark to Springfield. Also, as they switched from the Site X story to the story about the Northview light seen by the patrolman, they said "about 30 miles north" and that would be close to the right distance between Marshfield and Ozark. I'm saying Site X is the Ozark area.

Now, on the subject of the Northview light - I had never heard of it. And while trying to find out more about it, I came across this page which is an interesting read http://www.beyondweird.com/ufos/Don_All ... _1993.html

And then I found (and downloaded) a pdf version of a Mufon UFO Journal from May 1992 and found an article in it about the Northview lights. It couldn't really be easily linked and it's way too long to copy and paste into this post, so I took screenshots and have attached them below if you're interested.
Attachments
Missouri Wave, page 5-1100.jpg
Missouri Wave, page 4-1100.jpg
Missouri Wave, page 3-1100.jpg
Missouri Wave, page 2-1100.jpg
Missouri Wave, page 1-1100.jpg
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

Oy, crap, that's a lot of reading Slow (ie - I didn't read it!). Long story short on the Northview lights...it was people (I think college students, maybe SMSU), playing with lasers at the Baker's Observatory. The high elevation on Northview hill caused the lights to be seen bouncing off the clouds in the area.

I spent a night or two in my childhood watching for those lights!
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

Lol. I haven't read it yet either. Just posting it in case anyone's interested.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

lolabelle wrote:Oy, crap, that's a lot of reading Slow (ie - I didn't read it!). Long story short on the Northview lights...it was people (I think college students, maybe SMSU), playing with lasers at the Baker's Observatory. The high elevation on Northview hill caused the lights to be seen bouncing off the clouds in the area.

I spent a night or two in my childhood watching for those lights!
I don't know the area all that well, but isn't Baker Observatory like 20 miles away from Northview? That's assuming the Northview lights were in Northview... I've actually never heard of them before. In any case, they must have some pretty badass lasers up there.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

I think that Baker's is over in the Elkland area, which is basically north of Northview by maybe 5-10 (as the crow flies, guessing here). And Northview is on the top of a large hill, overlooking Marshfield, so it's got a nice view of the clouds that can cover that valley.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Well, that Ted Phillips guy they talked to lives in Branson, but I'm not certain that the map they show is "Site X" or just his place. Having googled the guy, the only mention of "Site X" has been the UFO hunter's show. Mostly this guy talks about a UFO site in Missouri he calls "Marley Woods" (another pseudonym). So far, the internet tells me it's around Cape Girardeau, but I'd take that with a grain or three of salt. I'll look into it more tomorrow night (my work computer is blocking a lot of the sites I'm looking for).
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

gimpface wrote:Well, that Ted Phillips guy they talked to lives in Branson, but I'm not certain that the map they show is "Site X" or just his place. Having googled the guy, the only mention of "Site X" has been the UFO hunter's show. Mostly this guy talks about a UFO site in Missouri he calls "Marley Woods" (another pseudonym). So far, the internet tells me it's around Cape Girardeau, but I'd take that with a grain or three of salt. I'll look into it more tomorrow night (my work computer is blocking a lot of the sites I'm looking for).
Yeah, I ran into the same thing. I'm thinking that Marley Woods and Site X are probably the same place, and the whole "Site X" thing was something the UFO Hunters concocted to sound more mysterious... but they're both fake place names, so neither one is helpful.

And I agree, in light of the info that Phillips actually lives IN Branson (which I was not aware of) I'm guessing the map they showed was just them going to his house.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

gimpface wrote: Mostly this guy talks about a UFO site in Missouri he calls "Marley Woods" (another pseudonym).
Could it be a slight alteration on Merriam Woods? Although I guess they are probably better known for meth labs and shaken baby syndrome.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

I doubt it. Crazy internet folks keep talking about a UFO crash site in missouri from 1941. If you Google that phrase, the results point to Morehouse, mo and Cape Girardeau.
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

Ya know, now that I think about it, the local rag (Webster County Citizen) out in Seymour ran a special deal for MONTHS about UFO's in the area... I don't have any copies on hand anymore but I recall reading them in the last year. If I recall correctly the author was a gentleman by the name of Fred Spriggs.
There's possibly some back issues on hand at the Citizen's office in Seymour.
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Well, I don't normally pay a lot of attention to UFO stuff around here, but MO is supposed to be a regular hotspot of activity, if the internets are to be believed.

Going back to the Northview Lights, that highway patrolman the History Channel talked to seemed pretty convinced that the light was right over the highway, pretty close to his patrol car, and followed him for a while. I'm not saying he's telling the truth, or that he's not mistaken, but that sounds like more than a laser pointer could pull off.

In any case, I chalk 90% of this stuff up to spook lights
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Re: RE: UFO Hunters come to the Ozarks

Post by cobcob »

markjay50 wrote:I formally pay for the UFO thank you for that help....!!!
You're welcome!
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

RE: UFO Hunters come to the Ozarks

Post by gimpface »

I was reading Weird Missouri yesterday and revisited the UFO section. It mentions a farm in Oregon county which has a lot of spook lights and such, and mentions that Ted Phillips has been out to investigate it. So I'm assuming "Site X" is in Oregon county.
~YoU~€iT¥~
BANNED
BANNED

RE: UFO Hunters come to the Ozarks

Post by ~YoU~€iT¥~ »

It's about time.

They should swing by Windyville.

Not likely to happen.