Meyer Milling Company aka Messiah Project Mill

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Meyer Milling Company aka Messiah Project Mill

Post by Willard »

Correct. The tall structure in the sketch is what we now know as the short 6 story structure that is still on the proporty. The 11 story structure with the 9 or 10 story "crib" was built 5 years after the sketch was drawn.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Awesome, dude. Thanks for running down the info. I'm gonna get all this stuff in on it when I update that section. I got a couple more articles and stuff I gotta grab about the mill before I update it, but I'll add it all then.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

So is the littler tower impregnable now or what? I've gone up the big one five or six times, but I've only been up the little one twice, and the last time I stopped at that gas station next door I went back to check the place out and it looked like everything was locked up tight. If that's really the case, that sucks. If not, don't tell me the way in because I'd rather figure it out for myself (and not have anyone seal it up too!)

Off-topic, my roommate claims to have gotten two free haircuts at the barber shop next door, Too Hotties. Apparently you get your first one free, but then they forgot what he looked like and gave him another. He's going to try for a third this week, I think.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Y'know, I've never actually been inside the smaller building. I think I need to fix that.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Well let me tell you, it's a lot different. For starters, there's no stairwell. Instead it's just one big ladder than runs from the basement to the top floor, and then a few stairs leading up to the roof. I've never been on the roof, though. The last time I went was in daylight hours and there were cops parked at the gas station, so I didn't want to risk being seen.