Yet Another Abandoned Structure in Cushing

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Yet Another Abandoned Structure in Cushing

Post by Fiend »

I believe this structure was used for loading coal on trains, similar to what psychosaw found in Bartlesville. The old railroad tracks use to run right next to it. Its pretty big, and it can be seen for quit a ways in the town. I even think it may be one of the tallest structures in Cushing. I wanted so much to climb up to the top, but there were no ladders or any ways to climb up. It just looks cool though, never seen a structure like it before, almost has a midieval/castle look to it.

Inside The Structure

Looking Up in The Tower
a300mech
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Yet Another Abandoned Structure in Cushing

Post by a300mech »

Cool! Another coaling tower. This one has an enclosed coal conveyor. The small shed is where the coal hopper cars would dump the coal into a pit, then the conveyor would carry it up and fill the tower.
I'm surprised how many of these are being found around here. But I guess it's cheaper to just let them stand than to demolish them and clean up the debris.
Good find! :D
Live every day as if it were your last. Because someday, you'll be right.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Yet Another Abandoned Structure in Cushing

Post by Fiend »

Hey thanks for the info mech! Its probably railroad property, and they almost never demo stuff. Its been a strategy of mine as of late to follow old railroad tracks, I have come accross many old structures that way.
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Yet Another Abandoned Structure in Cushing

Post by psychosaw13 »

Man yer one busy dude! Those pics are bad ass too!
It's amazing how similar those structures are we found. I dig it man! 'cept there is (somewhat) of a ladder on the B'ville one though!.... it callin' you man, it's callin' you!