How do I go about cleaning this up? NSFW!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can talk about anything here
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

How do I go about cleaning this up? NSFW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by paul06660 »

Came home to this little surprise this morning. Not sure how to go about sanitarily cleaning it up. Advice?

We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: How do I go about cleaning this up? NSFW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mindwaave »

Lots of damp paper towels and a trashcan. Spray the area with a disinfecting cleaning solvent like Lysol, then wipe down again. The trap can be washed and reused, wear gloves if you like and save the bait.
Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: How do I go about cleaning this up? NSFW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by SubLunar »

You set a mouse trap without realizing the mess you'd encounter? And you're not sure how to clean up a dead animal and a little blood?

Here's what you do. Take the mouse and put it in the microwave for 10 minutes. While the microwave slowly disinfects your mouse, grab a bottle of mayonaise and spread it over the blood. Don't have mayo? That's ok. Butter or margarine works just as well. Once the mouse is done in the microwave, you need to rinse it off. For this, just put it in the dishwasher. Now that's it's been disinfected in the microwave, it's safe to put in the dishwasher. And by this time the mayo/butter spread has soaked up all the blood on the counter, so wipe it up with a towel. When the dishwasher cycle has completed, the mouse can be placed with the silverware for a nice conversation piece the next time you have company. If you have any more dead animal sanitizing questions, just ask!
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Butter or margarine can indeed be subbed-in for mayonnaise, but only mayo will provide you with a delicious topping for your mouse, should you choose to eat it instead of use it as a conversation piece or hood ornament.

PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

These guys have some good ideas for sure. But here's what you do.

You will need:

1 exacto knife
2 black pushpins
1 some cotton balls
1 some thin wire
5 inches or so of fishing string
1 disregard for gore
(optional) various colored felt fabrics

First thing, calm down. Any holes already in the hide can easily be sewn up or superglued shut. A hole in the center of the back is optimal, as this needs to be slit down the back anyway.

With the back slit, carefully peel away the skin from the body, working your fingers around the presumably cold meat. Go ahead and take some wire cutters and snap the legs off at the knees and pull of whatever meat you can. Fry it up for a tasty appetizer. Keep the remaining leg bones to the feet in the skin. This will not rot or stink.

The face is the hardest part. With your Xacto knife, very carefully cut the cartilage connecting the ears and slice parallel to the eye holes. You can even slice through the eyeball; you can later pop it out of the eye hole like one of those parts to a model airplane or something. Work your way to the nose and cut the connecting cartilage to free the skin. Good luck on getting the tail bones out without ripping the skin. I had to flip the tail inside out, pull the bones out with pliers and take some wire to push the tail back right side out. Scrape any remaining meat off the inside of the skin and it should be good to go.

With your new mouse shell, create a simple skeleton with wire and fill it with cotton. Take some black pushpins and use the pin heads as the eyes. Careful, if you use pins that are too big your mouse will look perpetually surprised. Sew it up carefully with some fishing string. Then take some felt, and create a costume(s) of your choice. Give to girlfriend for Xmas. Watch her eyebrows raise in apprehension, then settle in understanding and sentimental merriment as places Santa Mouse atop the christmas tree.

Keep away from cats.

mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

That little guy should have no problem fitting down my chimney, unlike that jolly red fatass...
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

SOAP AND WATER I guess if you wabnt a touch of bleach and rubber gloves
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

mindwaave wrote:Butter or margarine can indeed be subbed-in for mayonnaise, but only mayo will provide you with a delicious topping for your mouse, should you choose to eat it instead of use it as a conversation piece or hood ornament.

Never was much a fan of mayo, but I do like mustard and salad dressing, especially with tuna sandwiches. BTW, I never realized dead mice could make such fancy decorations!!!
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.