Rivercut/riverbluff cave question

You can talk about anything here
RV driver
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Rivercut/riverbluff cave question

Post by RV driver »

I was on google Maps tonight looking at the area around Rivercut. I noticed that just south of the River Bluff cave center, across FR 190 and just west of FR 141 is a field. On that field is a semi-oval of a double row of trees or brush that look for all the world like some kind of man-made track. Anyone know what this is/was?
Slipping the surly bonds of earth...
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Rivercut/riverbluff cave question

Post by Nicotti »

I don't think this qualifies as a riverbluff cave question... :P :wink:
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

It's an old racetrack. There's another thread on here somewhere about it.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
RV driver
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by RV driver »

Nicotti wrote:I don't think this qualifies as a riverbluff cave question... :P :wink:
You're right! I had you specifically in mind when I titled the thread. I was thinking, "Hmmm... how can I really annoy Nicotti?! What's gonna keep him up at night pacing the floor steaming, and obsessing over a thread title?"

I win!
RV driver
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by RV driver »

BROUSER wrote:It's an old racetrack. There's another thread on here somewhere about it.
Know where the thread is, or any history on the track? Horses? Go-carts?
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

http://www.undergroundozarks.com/forum/ ... 32&start=0
But you were a part of this conversation, so you knew about this. Still fishing for info on that or just a piss poor memory? I found four threads with you asking about it.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
RV driver
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by RV driver »

BROUSER wrote:http://www.undergroundozarks.com/forum/ ... 32&start=0
But you were a part of this conversation, so you knew about this. Still fishing for info on that or just a piss poor memory? I found four threads with you asking about it.
My heartfelt apologies for having a life outside this forum and upsetting your forum sensibilities. Perhaps if I weren't engaged in such useless activities as graduating grad school with 3.85, and getting a new business off the ground (while still in grad school) that takes 25/8 of my time, I'd have some leftover space in my brain to remember the really important stuff in life, such as, oh, I don't know, forum postings and a passing interest in the history of the area, for example.

But thanks for the link. I appreciate the herculean effort that must have been involved in locating it, and the huge chunk of your time. I especially appreciate your bringing to my attention my moral failings and troglodytic lack of memory that seem to have suffered you so much. Excuse me now while I crawl under a rock and die.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Awe, he's upset. How cute.
aka "That Guy"
RV driver
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by RV driver »

BagHead727 wrote:Awe, he's upset. How cute.
You wish.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

RV driver wrote:
My heartfelt apologies for having a life outside this forum and upsetting your forum sensibilities. Perhaps if I weren't engaged in such useless activities as graduating grad school with 3.85, and getting a new business off the ground (while still in grad school) that takes 25/8 of my time, I'd have some leftover space in my brain to remember the really important stuff in life, such as, oh, I don't know, forum postings and a passing interest in the history of the area, for example.

But thanks for the link. I appreciate the herculean effort that must have been involved in locating it, and the huge chunk of your time. I especially appreciate your bringing to my attention my moral failings and troglodytic lack of memory that seem to have suffered you so much. Excuse me now while I crawl under a rock and die.
My comment was offered as something of a joke. I didn't realize you were sensitive about your memory or were looking for an excuse to crow about recent accomplishments. I'm not going to apologize, though, because you're a fucking prick.
― Ken Ham
RV driver
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by RV driver »

BROUSER wrote:
RV driver wrote:

My comment was offered as something of a joke. I didn't realize you were sensitive about your memory or were looking for an excuse to crow about recent accomplishments. I'm not going to apologize, though, because you're a fucking prick.
Your "something of a joke" was far more "something" than "joke." Don't quit your day job being socially inept in order to become a comedian. You're far better off embarrassing yourself professionally.

You must have been sick the day they taught "rude behavior avoidance" in kindergarten. You're 46 -- grow the fuck up!

I'm not at all "sensitive about my memory," or "making excuses to crow." I just don't appreciate infantile responses to legitimate questions.

"Fucking Prick?" Really! But I'm sure that a 3rd-grade playground "insult" will be far less embarrassing to you than an actual, grown-up apology. [/i]
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

RV driver wrote: But I'm sure that a 3rd-grade playground "insult" will be far less embarrassing to you than an actual, grown-up apology.
Maybe if you post a couple more irrelevant paragraphs about your personal life he'll apologize. Also you should try to act like a victim and be overly upset. Those are all keys here.
aka "That Guy"
arkie 123
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by arkie 123 »

I don't know anything about this but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last year.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

BagHead727 wrote:Maybe if you post a couple more irrelevant paragraphs about your personal life he'll apologize. Also you should try to act like a victim and be overly upset. Those are all keys here.
+1

That's how you win over the peeps here, in fact you're my new bff now.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

RV driver wrote: You must have been sick the day they taught "rude behavior avoidance" in kindergarten. You're 46 -- grow the fuck up!
Funny you should mention that. I never went to kindergarten. It wasn't offered where I lived at the time. True story. That does not, however, change the fact that you are an overly sensitive fucking prick. Probably causes you issues with premature ejaculation. That would make me cranky, too. I will accept an admission to this fact in lieu of an actual apology.
― Ken Ham