Internet Relay Chat

You can talk about anything here
Jipsta
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Internet Relay Chat

Post by Jipsta »

I set up an IRC server for all of your Underground Ozarks conversational needs. Check it out at:

irc.springfieldwireless.org
channel: #underground
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Internet Relay Chat

Post by White Rabbit »

Hey, that's awesome. Is your IRC server connected to any of the big networks like Dalnet or Efnet or whatever? And is springfieldwireless.org yours?
Jipsta
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jipsta »

This IRC server is completly disconnected from other networks. However, I will link it up to other servers in the near future. That way it'll be redundant and have 100% uptime (crosses-fingers).

The domain, springfieldwireless.org is mine. At one time, I planned on using mapserver along with some php to develop an up-to-date map of all the wireless access points in springfield. I just don't have time to sit down and program the site, but that's still the goal.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Internet Relay Chat

Post by White Rabbit »

Jipsta wrote:At one time, I planned on using mapserver along with some php to develop an up-to-date map of all the wireless access points in springfield. I just don't have time to sit down and program the site, but that's still the goal.
Hrm. That's giving me ideas about a map with UE locations. I've been with guys that have done that before, too. Taken our laptops out with a GPS and tried to map some wifi points.
Sparkle
Stray Cat
Stray Cat

Post by Sparkle »

That definatley seems like a cool idea, but how would one go about findign the location theya re @ without a computer/gps?

I am going to try the IRC out tonight and see how It works...I have never done it before, but had MIRC for awhile :-(
-=Let them hate, as long as they also fear=-
Jipsta
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jipsta »

My idea was to have a user input form. Basically you could either upload your data (in some compatible format) or specify the location of an access point. This would update the map accordingly, showing all areas of Springfield with available hotspots.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

What happened to this??? Any thoughts?
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

Post by youthsonic »

I don't think it went anywhere. I just recently set up a new one, which I plan on officially opening this monday.

Please refer to this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=299
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"