Looking for an Acura or Honda for sale

You can talk about anything here
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Looking for an Acura or Honda for sale

Post by SubLunar »

crazydrummerdude wrote: more of a Chevy guy than Jeep.
As far as real trucks go I would take a Chevy over anything else. For SUV's, it's Jeep all the way.

I don't consider an s10 to be a real truck. it's more like a sedan with a bed. Unless you need to haul lightweight stuff that won't fit in a car, s10s just don't make sense to me.
Mandi Milenko wrote:Almost everything that's been popping up has been a manual.
Yeah you don't want a manual. Not for a daily driver. Shit sucks in stop and go traffic or when you're trying to multi task like eat while driving.

And I know your requirements keep getting buried, so if you want to post them on UO, just make a new thread with your current requirements.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

SubLunar wrote:
Mandi Milenko wrote:Almost everything that's been popping up has been a manual.
Yeah you don't want a manual. Not for a daily driver. Shit sucks in stop and go traffic or when you're trying to multi task like eat while driving.
No true car connoisseur can say that. Manuals > Automatics.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Looking for an Acura or Honda for sale

Post by SubLunar »

eh, not for a daily driver unless it's like a sports car or something. All sports cars should be manual.
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Looking for an Acura or Honda for sale

Post by paul06660 »

SubLunar wrote:As far as working on civics, it blows donkey ass. It's like an alien space ship under the hood. I still haven't bothered trying to figure out how to do an oil change on my lady's. She just takes it to one of the quick change places. Civics don't have coolant reservoirs, you just fill it until it reaches the top of the filling neck. Everything about them is weird. Her hood latch broke on us recently. No way to replace those components as far as I can tell. Not without taking the whole front clip apart. We keep the hood down with bungee cables. And did I mention her engine blew up around 200k? Civics....

I just did an oil change on my jeep last night. Took 20 minutes. Piece of cake.
Whats so difficult to figure out how to do it? Civics and integras are both really easy to work on. The oil filter is on the back of the block and you have to pull it from under the car. Hell, that last old integra I had broke its timing belt a few years ago, and within a few hours, I had replaced it by hand with a few basic tools and it was up and running better than before. There are many reasons why these cars are so popular, but mostly because they are reliable, easy to fix, and extremely durable. Oil changes are ultra cheap when you do them yourself and buy the 5 quart jug and fram filter at walmart. As far as the hood latch, just remove the front bumper and you should have no problem replacing it. Knowing from also replacing the hood latch on my integra, it should only take you an hour or two to do the job.
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

As far as the oil change goes, I'm sure it's easy once you figure out where the hell they put the stuff, but it's laid out totally weird compared to any other car I've worked on. I have no doubt I could do it but it's just worked out to where she just takes it to her usual place and I don't have to bother getting oil and filters for it and taking the time to do it.

The hood latch is going to be a little more problematic than that though. The latch itself is fine. It's what it bolts onto that snapped. Like, it broke out all around where the bolts go. It could be welded but it's extremely thin and too cramped a space as it is so things will need to come out. Everything is so cheap and flimsy on these cars.. It will be a bigger project than just popping the bumper off. Whatever it bolts to, the whole thing will need to be replaced because it's completely snapped off of it.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

paul06660 wrote: There are many reasons why these cars are so popular, but mostly because they are reliable, easy to fix, and extremely durable. Oil changes are ultra cheap when you do them yourself and buy the 5 quart jug and fram filter at walmart.
The same could be said for domestic vehicles as well. My experience is that Chevys and Jeeps are very reliable, easy to fix and exremely durable.
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

SubLunar wrote:As far as the oil change goes, I'm sure it's easy once you figure out where the hell they put the stuff, but it's laid out totally weird compared to any other car I've worked on. I have no doubt I could do it but it's just worked out to where she just takes it to her usual place and I don't have to bother getting oil and filters for it and taking the time to do it.

The hood latch is going to be a little more problematic than that though. The latch itself is fine. It's what it bolts onto that snapped. Like, it broke out all around where the bolts go. It could be welded but it's extremely thin and too cramped a space as it is so things will need to come out. Everything is so cheap and flimsy on these cars.. It will be a bigger project than just popping the bumper off. Whatever it bolts to, the whole thing will need to be replaced because it's completely snapped off of it.
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

SubLunar wrote:As far as the oil change goes, I'm sure it's easy once you figure out where the hell they put the stuff, but it's laid out totally weird compared to any other car I've worked on. I have no doubt I could do it but it's just worked out to where she just takes it to her usual place and I don't have to bother getting oil and filters for it and taking the time to do it.

In many Hondas, it is actually quite common for the hood latch bracket to strip or crack around the bolt holes after years of closing the hood. That mounting bracket for the latch should still be available from honda parts, or used from just about any junk yard. This is why I never let my hood close more than a foot open. It will be a little extra work replacing that part, but once the bumper is off, you should be able to get to the bottom bolt.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

paul06660 wrote:In many Hondas, it is actually quite common for the hood latch bracket to strip or crack around the bolt holes after years of closing the hood.
And yet, I've never heard of that happening on vehicles like my Chevy trucks, my BMW car, or SubLunars Jeep..

Even maintaining a Honda (popping the hood) causes things to break. What a great car!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

crazydrummerdude wrote:
paul06660 wrote:In many Hondas, it is actually quite common for the hood latch bracket to strip or crack around the bolt holes after years of closing the hood.
And yet, I've never heard of that happening on vehicles like my Chevy trucks, my BMW car, or SubLunars Jeep..

Even maintaining a Honda (popping the hood) causes things to break. What a great car!
Exactly, it's flimsy shit. Everything on these cars. And hers blew up at 200k.

But to many people (who buy new cars before they even reach 100k), they're SO RELIABLE.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

Sub you seem to REALLY hate civics. Lol. In my opinion, what people choose to drive is their choice. Some people are Ford people. I never in a million years would drive a Ford but if other people choose to that is their decision. And die hard Ford fans will never believe what they drive is a piece of shit. Same thing with Civ drivers. It's all a matter of taste. ;)
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Agreed, I'm merely countering the import love and smashing the sterotypes. Like your dude's bias against other vehicles being completely unfounded. Same goes for the civic reliability. All I'm saying is other cars are just as reliable if not more so. Civics, I've found through first hand experience, are quite flimsy and cheaply made compared to other vehicles and don't actually seem to inherently last any longer.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

That is something I agree with when it comes to the flimsiness. I hate how easily the bumpers get ripped off on them. It really sucks when you're trying to quickly explore an abandoned house when there's no where to park but an overgrown driveway, and when I hurry up and try to leave before anyone sees me, I have to stop and zip tie my bumper back on first. Lol. Also, the transmissions suck when it comes to longevity.

However, I like civics because they are super easy to drive, they can be quick little bastards with the right maintenance, transmissions are $200-$300 used, $500-$600 brand new shipped from Japan. They are easy for the hubs to work on so we never have to worry about mechanics. They turn super well. They feel like little go-carts when you are driving them. Also I've totaled several of them and never had any injuries other than burns from the airbags so they are safe enough. We've gotten one up to almost 300,000 miles and although we had to replace the transmission several times, the motor stayed strong.

But... I WANT A TRUCK!! Lol.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

Ok, now he is starting to piss me the fuck off. I've found several trucks that had everything we were looking for. He turned them down because they were V6. He says they are worse on gas and the insurance is higher. Is he full of shit? I'm starting to think he has just been bullshitting me the last few years about getting another car. I swear if he doesn't get me a damn car or truck this year he will wish he never met me let alone married me. Lol. :evil:
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

V6 does not mean significantly worse on gas automatically.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham