Last night I dreamt...

You can talk about anything here
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Re: Last night I dreamt...

Post by redox »

Last edited by redox on Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

Oh good lord. Those were the days. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Sub was proposing to his British girlfriend. He got on one knee with the ring and she says 'Yes.' Then he runs off. Later the girl can't find him and no one knows where he is. Me and some friends go looking and find him hiding. We ask him why, and he says he got cold feet the minute she said yes. Sub says he was playing a first person shooter game the other day with his team and they were vibing like the perfect military unit and that he's afraid he and his new wife will never have that close of a thing. Our friends all looked at him like he was crazy and I'm like, "I got this." Then I tell Sub, gaming friends are great and all, but they're no where near as great as a good woman. To quit acting like a child. And to man up and marry his girl.

Also, we were roommates in a 4 person dorm room in some type of school, located on a large wooden airship, the kind you see in fantasy movies that looks like a pirate ship with no sails hanging from a blimp.

Sub, your current family apparently didn't exist in this dream.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

I'm starting to think Sub symbolizes something to me subconsciously, as much as he shows up in my dreams.

This next dream was a banger. High visual detail. It was a waking dream, so I wrote everything down I could remember before it all faded. Interesting thing is, when I reread this I can still visually remember all the scenes and places in my head.

Note: When I talk about the POV, I'm referring to the point of view in the dream. Usually it's from my eyes or an over-the-shoulder of me (like I'm a video game character). But towards the end of the dream it starts jumping around a lot and it isn't always clear whose eyes I'm viewing the dream from.

Enjoy.
Last edited by Nicotti on Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

-Ayn Rand
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Pieces:
I feel like there was more before this, but I can't remember it.

I enter a store. It is in an outdoor minimall. Like in the Chesterfield Valley with the big block stores. This store is small like a Subway or Jimmy Johns, but neither of those. It is privately owned. It has a bar down the center. You enter, walk all the way to the end of the bar, around the bar, and the full way back to exit. It is a one way thing. There are 4 top tables on the way in to the right, the bar is to the left. And 4 tops at the end. The end area is more open and has tables, chairs, electronic dart boards and pool tables. There are many regulars sitting in the end area or playing pool. I am not a regular. It is midday. I walk back along the exit side of the bar towards the exit. The bar is just a single long counter about 2' wide and at waist height. If there were chairs they would need to be bar stool height. There are no chairs around it. No one is next to it. The side to the exit has no tables. There is a old red brick wall with white mortar and pictures all over it in simple wooden frames hung by wires to nails in the mortar. The entrance side and end have plain walls, not brick. Near the exit is a gate like a Minecraft fence gate to stop people and have them pay before they leave. There is a cashier and register. Two doors are in the brick wall there. I enter in one. This is to rent the services of women. I am with a group of people. They are a sports team I want to join. There are five of us. We ask the girls at the end of the bar “who likes to be beat up”. Two girls come with us to the room. The room is empty. One girl is chained hands and feet to the wall, the other girl isn't. Some of us have baseball bats. The chained girl is passed out. She was first. The other girl is backed against the wall. I punch her face till she passes out. I stop. We attend to her gently till she reawakens. We all beat her with our fists till she passes out again. We lay her down gently. We leave the room, pay, and exit the store.

From the parking lot the dream POV changes: I am in line at a grocery/Walmart type store . The team needs to buy things to win a game but the team isn't here. I have to get and buy the items.

This team is a sports team that plays something like baseball, but the field is slimmer and way shorter. Me and my friend want to join. We are on the team now.

The team goes back to the store with the bar. The regulars at the end are angry we beat up the girls. Even though we asked specifically for girls that were okay with being beaten. We leave the store quickly without doing anything this time. We are afraid of the angry regulars.

We are playing on a field court in a league. The court is on a hill, the batter is at the top of the hill. The field is a long triangle with with arced lines on the ground between the sides. Only certain number of players can be in each section. We are defense. The ball is like a dodge ball. If we catch it we defend successful. If we don't they get a point. I start in the back section to a side. The team is doing bad, we are behind. I move up the hill to a closer section on my own. I think it's silly we have all our tall players in the last section down the hill. The batter is short. I can block better from up the hill. I make a diving catch. My team is stunned. We win the game. Everyone likes me now. The team leaders are glad they added us to the team. We walk to a cooler sitting on an open tail gate of a dark blue full sized pickup truck in the gravel parking lot. There is a grassy area with picnic tables next to the lot. Trees on the other side of the lot and wooden parking spot curbs made with 4” by 4” wood. The are brown and weathered. They are shin height.
Last edited by Nicotti on Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

-Ayn Rand
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

I decide to take a drive on 270 past 44, only past 44 the road turns to a 5 lane street like Manchester or Lindberg. There are small businesses on both sides. 44 is an overpass that is at the bottom of a long hill behind me. There is a concrete inlet to an underground drainage tunnel beside me. I know this place. The dream POV flashes to some stranger vlogging his exploration of the tunnel. He walks down the concrete inlet, it is 10' wide and has concrete retaining walls. At the bottom he looks in the tunnel. It is rectangular 20-30' wide, 10 ' tall. Water is rushing through it. You can't tell how deep. I guesstimate waist deep. The dream POV is back to me.

I am here to find a girl from my new sports team (from earlier in the dream) She's staying in a motel due to COVID 19. I figure out where the motel is based on the size of a dunkin donuts sign in the background of a gas station parking lot photograph. I am on the other side of the road from the motel waiting at a pedestrian crosswalk. I see her car in the motel parking lot (though I don't actually know which one it is), but I don't know which room she's in. Suddenly she and a friend are at the other side of the street waiting at the same crosswalk. The light changes and they walk across, I say Hi to her, they walk off down the sidewalk.

I go down the drainage incline to explore the drainage tunnel. It's the same one from the vlog, but bone dry. The side opposite of me is a concrete wall with another incline up, offset to the left from mine. The Main channel runs perpendicular to the sloped offsets and is flat. The entire area is crammed with large nasty, semi waterlogged teddy bears. Like they were being carried by the water and got left here when the water dropped. It's a least 3 feet deep and they are smooshed up against all the walls. At first it looks like a large clump of them are blocking the tunnel. But the POV shifts slightly towards the channel center and I can see past. I step into the teddy bear morass and sink to just below the knee.

Fast forward, I'm past the teddy bears. But also some how in the same spot as before. Except the area is more open it's like being under an overpass. My side still has a concrete incline. But the other side is now a grassy area with a bike/walking trail. The trail turns to my right upstream through the drainage channel, east towards the city. I want to explore the other way. A random white guy comes up to me and starts talking. I think he may be homeless, but he doesn't live here. I feel safe here, but he feels dangerous. I think he is definitely crazy. He asks where my COVID mask is. I'm alone exploring an “underground” drainage tunnel. I think to myself, ”why would I have a mask.” I don't say this, I'm afraid it may set him off. I notice he isn't wearing a mask either. He keeps trying to get within one foot of me or behind me while he's talking. I am concentrating on moving away from him rather than what he's saying. I'm afraid that he may try to stab me in the back. He seems to not like people exploring the drainage channel even though there is clearly a walking/bike path in it. A girl on a bike comes from the other inlet and goes towards town. I point this out to the crazy man. He follows her. I take off the other direction to explore.

The walk seems short, but I go several city blocks. I'm under county residential and light commercial. The tunnel ends in a residential area. The channel is grassy and shallow, but about 8' wide. Soon the land is flat and I'm not sure where the water goes. I am at the side of a paved 2-car unlined road. To my left up a small hill is a stop sign T-junction with a 3 story house that's some small museum. It has a hanging wooden sign from the eaves, I don't know what it's a museum for. To my right the road goes to a four way stop and residential houses. There appears to be dirt washed over the road and through the grass in front of me. I think the water must have washed it across from the channel. I follow the washed out dirt. I am in an empty field about a city block square surrounded behind, in front , and to the left by roads like the one I crossed. To the right I feel like there is a road and maybe the backs and yards of some houses. But I don't know. I am unsure if this field is any of their property or if they are home and think I'm trespassing. I follow the washed out dirt remnants to the road in front of me. On the other side is a house on a short hill near the road. The side of the house faces the road. The front faces to my right. The wash out is gone. I can't figure out where the channel is. I don't want to trespass on their property. I decide to head back to the underground part so I can head back to the inlet. I walk along the road till I come to the museum and turn on to the T. I get back to where the wash out is but for some reason can't get into the tunnel. I follow the tunnel above ground looking for an entrance.
Last edited by Nicotti on Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.

-Ayn Rand
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

I was following the channel overland, it was right near the surface in places and I could see the different brick. I tried getting in through the outlets I'd seen previously but they were blocked or I'd get in, but then the channel would be blocked by a temporarily set up inflatable or a cloth fence set up by the crazy guy that didn't want anyone down there exploring. I didn't want to meet him again.

At one point I end up in a tight alley that's super industrial, and under elevated train tracks. It kind of turns into an old building with a chute behind a metal door that comes up to waist height. The door is opened by a 2ft long lever that swings up, sliding the door up too. This floor is about 15-20 ft above the alley. I start exploring. This is the main room with a hall and rooms going off of it on the right side. The outer walls are brick and the floors are wood slat, like if I were in Cupples 7. The office walls are drywall or plaster. All the rooms off the hall are office sized or smaller. The first is dark but has another room connected behind with a light on. I start to walk in but a person leans forward looking over some document at a big wooden desk and I see a sliver of their head. I stop and start moving on down the hall quieter. Next room is a copier. Next a short hall back to a bathroom. After exploring the bathroom hall, I run into Sub in the main hallway. He is also exploring. He says this is an old harbor building. He really wants to get down the chute to see what's below. He thinks it leads to the ship loading dock. We go to explore the last office but there is a guy in it working. He sees us. Sub seems to know who he is and goes in.

The guy is an expert on how some super powerful city businessman makes his old-timey block letter signature (only on paper). Sub wants to know how to create the text, the implication is Sub's gonna forge documents. The guy doesn't want to show us exactly, he's employed by the businessman. I get the feeling the businessman runs his own 'mafia'. But this guy shows us the lexicon he made of the letters. Sub asks if he can give us a copy of it. He uses a copier in his office. The guy shows us that a flat handled ink pen is used. It has a nib like old time pens, but an ink cartridge in the handle. The handle is gray, normal pen length, 3/4ths to and inch by 5/8ths, the ends are half circle rounds, the top is cut at an angle. It has gold lettering inset on it. Long first name. Middle initial with a period. Longer last name. Eastern bloc or maybe Russian. The pen is very expensive and rare. He gives us an old one of his. He has 3 on his desk. I start to write down the name on the pen in a pad of paper I just now notice I have. I've been taking notes. The initial is an M.

A woman can be heard in the hall. She's coming into this office. Sub and I both hide under the desk. She is early 50's, thin. Wearing a white blouse and a skirt. She sits in a chair at the side of the desk opposite the office door, to the left of the guy. Sub is closer to her. I swear she sees both of us multiple times as she sits. But she is talking business to the man. The big business man wants something. The guy pulls some balloons from a shelf. They are air filled and don't float. The people are quiet for a moment. My vision is from the doorway at a low angle looking up, even though I haven't moved from under the desk. There is a message on the balloon about Sub and I. They are trying to figure out how to alert security. Sub and I come out from under the desk. The guy and woman are talking. We are caught. Sub hands me a messy bundle of rope and straps. I unfold it. The straps are at the top and the rope connects in two loops at the bottom. “Harness?” I ask Sub. He nods. I notice he is wearing one. I slip into it inconspicuously while the guy and woman are talking. The guards are almost here. Sub suddenly clips a rope to my harness and pushes me out the door. The rope is attached to his harness. He braces against the door frame which has become a window frame. I free fall 15 feet till the rope catches. I'm not in the hall, I'm in the alleyway.
Last edited by Nicotti on Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:06 am, edited 8 times in total.

-Ayn Rand
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

I disconnect and run down the alley looking for an exit. The fences are 8' - 16' high chain link, but no razor wire top. I think I can climb it even though I am an “awkward ninja” at climbing. There is a girl on the other side of the fence. She asks where Sub is. She is not Sub's wife. She is probably in her twenties. The wire fence is now concrete with an iron bar ladder set in it. Every 2nd - 4th rung is offset to the right or left by a foot, zigzagging up to the top. The rungs are at least 1” diameter round, rusted, and shaped like a staple. I go up and over the wall and down the other side on the same type of ladder. We are in a cul-de-sac between industrial buildings. We start to run away.

We see Sub back at the end of the cul-de-sac being loaded into a SUV. The girl and I run while trying to figure out how to free Sub. He's in a straight jacket but his legs are free. He's in the back of the vehicle by himself. We somehow are on the side of the vehicle (which looks like the side of a train). We open the window. We are off the vehicle, it is a SUV again. He's hanging out of it up to his waist. The POV is outside the SUV looking at him. Sight is blocked for a second as the SUV passes behind something, when we can see it again he's gone. We think they got him back inside. We make our escape.

POV is inside the SUV. Backseat is empty.

POV switches to outside while Sub was hanging out the window. He made it out and escaped.

Sub's POV now, it's unclear if I'm looking out of his eyes or we've switched places. He is in a building, in an “L” shaped hall. There are plain dingy looking plaster walls on both sides. The hall goes about 50' then takes a 90 degree turn to the left.
There are two short alcoves on the right side of the hall. In the alcoves are solid wood doors and door high windows next to the doors like an office building or a college classroom. The first alcove he passes without looking in. It is about 80' to the second alcove. The second leads to a giant empty room, like an unused conference space. There are not other doors off the hallway. I vaguely get the sense there are locked double doors at the end of the hall.
There are private security coming from that direction in the hall, looking for him. He retreats back to the first alcove. They are by the second. He can't make it around the corner to front door without being spotted. He enters the door in the first alcove. It is a short hall 10'-15' long leading to a large rectangular office. Lavish stone, a red carpet runner down the middle to a large desk with floor to ceiling windows behind. The room is easily two stories tall. The hallway Sub is in is at one end of the room the desk is at the other. He hears the man behind the desk chiding lackeys for “letting him get away”. Sub realizes they are talking about him. The other guards come in the door behind Sub. Sub rounds the corner to the right to look at the businessman. He looks at Sub and orders all the lackeys to find the “other one”. All the guards leave.

Fast forward. Sub is watching tv to the side of the office sitting on a black cloth couch. An armed guard behind and off to the side. The businessman is at his desk. We are waiting. Two to four guards come in with me, or Sub, it's unclear at this point which one “I” am. The guards leave.

<I'm starting to wake up in real life. The dream is becoming unstable. It's getting harder to hold on to the dream narration.>

The scene jumps to the businessman standing in front of us with a gun. We're both on our knees in front of him, hands tied behind our backs. He says he's willing to give one of us a head start at escape, but one of us has to die right then. We choose who. He's serious, but this is a game to him. The other will most certainly be killed if they are caught again. I say, “Me.” He instantly fires the gun and shoots a bullet through my brain.

The POV goes gray.

The dream ends.

<I'm mostly awake now and definitely out of the dream. The choice was correct, Sub is in better shape than me, better at parkour, I have diabetes, Sub has an family. I get out of bed and type out this amazing dream I just had.>

-Ayn Rand