Post one thing that made you sad today

You can talk about anything here
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Post one thing that made you sad today

Post by paul06660 »

Last year my 10 year old BFG Tech power supply in my Phenom II x6 system decided to quit in the form of a sound similar to a gunshot when shutting down the pc for the night. Was very afraid that my whole system was fried, and had not backed up my hard drive in several months. Much
to my relief the circuit protection in the unit saved the system, and made it through the ordeal
with no blown out components. Should have known better than to stretch that old power supply so long. Bios
voltage readings were getting below 11.8 volts for a few months which was a warning sign I should have heeded. Then just a few weeks ago
started getting safety shut-downs due to high motherboard temps and opened the case to be rewarded with my front fan array completely
choked out with dust, and my trusty 15 year old Antec rear case fans disintegrated into fragments lol. Been spending too much time working
on the car projects lately and have let my poor workhorse computer fall into a state of decline, which is bad considering most what I do requires significant online research. BTW had to revert back to 2013 AC97 audio drivers cause the newest windows update royally screwed up my dolby surround settings with no way to correct them. No operating system will ever be as great as pirated XP, hell I found it worked far better than my copy I purchased in college years ago. Glad to see the forum up and going again, was getting very worried. The older I get the more I realize the wealth of the sheer volume of topics and information here.
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

oh hey, what's up?

Your location says you live in Colorado now, that true?
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

SubLunar wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:49 am oh hey, what's up?

Your location says you live in Colorado now, that true?
I need to update but I moved back to Springfield last year. Its just getting too damned expensive to live anywhere and Idaho Springs rentals all but turned into airbnb's and vacation rentals. Its become so tough that most people who work in mountain towns dont even reside in them anymore. Businesses and government therefore have problems keeping employees, so they raise wages. Then rental companies see this and jack up prices even more creating a never ending cycle of bullshit.
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.