Knives

You can talk about anything here
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Re: Knives

Post by Scout »

Mine is holding up fine after about a year, but I haven't even sharpened it yet. I haven't had a lot of occasion to use it, not having been in any bar fight or nothing of late. :lol:
"That old hag hates my ass."
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Knives

Post by Fiend »

Here are a few from my collection. These are the kind of knives I like, wicked looking, but very sturdy, durable and useful.

BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I have a 12 year old Leatherman. I've even sharpened it once.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
bic
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bic »

I am vary impressed with my crkt m16 zytel knife. Great blade and its made in america
lead me or follow me but dont stand in my way
godfather
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by godfather »

bic wrote:I am vary impressed with my crkt m16 zytel knife. Great blade and its made in america
I love the M16 line. I have owned at least 4 of them (all the LE 1* versions), and would suggest them to anyone looking for something in that price range.

Cold Steel gets crap for just about everything about the company from the D-Bag owner, to most of the crap they put out. I'm not saying they aren't better than most gas station knives (b/c they are), but I am saying they will never get a dime of my business. That is mostly b/c of their practice of stealing designs and modifying patents for their own gain.

darko80, you can't really go wrong with a Spiderco. They are another great company that takes care of their customers.
darko80
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by darko80 »

I've been planning on picking up a Spyderco Paramilitary for some time. It'll probably be at the top of my Christmas list. I've been carrying a Cold Steel Ak-47 for a little while and have been pretty happy with it. The design is a little on the "mall ninja" side (like a lot of Cold Steel models) but it's fun to carry and seems to hold a decent edge. I recently had my Zero Tolerance sharpened at Bass Pro and the old man did a great job. It's actually sharper now than when I first took it out of the box.
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Re: RE: Knives

Post by cobcob »

steelbowie wrote:Hi guys,

What is another name for a surgical knife? Reply will be highly appreciated.
Whenever I do surgery I always use a rusty spoon. Less experienced people will tend towards the use of a scalpel though. A rusty spoon in untrained hands can turn a simple lobotomy into a mess real quick.
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
bic
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bic »

Ok I might regret asking this, but why?
lead me or follow me but dont stand in my way
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

*cough* spam *cough*
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

didnt hawkeye use a ink pen once
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
romanji
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by romanji »

i do have an x-acto knife but i don't carry it. i usually left it in my home.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

I lost my Gerber paraframe so I picked up this winchester at walmart. It's a pretty nice knife. After having the paraframe, it's nice to have a knife with some weight behind it.

“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
construct_this
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by construct_this »

I carry an old school Buck 3 blade(back when Buck was still a decent knife.) Before I acquired that knife I always carried Colombian River(CRKT) or Benchmade. As far as a stationary blade goes though I like the Outdoor Egde. My father inlaw bought me the swingblade for Christmas one year and it is one hell of a hunting knife. I also have a small collection... mainly handmade with stag handles.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

wow..now that this thread is up again...I need somebody to recommend me a good "F*ck you" kind of knife for my month long float trip coming up this year. I wouldn't really consider myself a big "knife guy".....i have a few and I'm handy at using them (skinning, scaling etc. ) but I don't put a whole lot of thought into what kind of blade I use and I'm really bad about losing the knives i have.

...anyway. I will not be carrying any kind of firearm. I don't want to deal with river patrol harassing me if caught with it and honestly....If i'm floating and camping...unless I'm traveling around with it loaded and chambered..it's not going to do me any good...(nor will a knife for that matter...but i feel like I need something)

so....my budget on a good knife is probably gonna be around $50. I need something that's gonna be able to cut nylon rope and fabric plus be able to fashion sticks into various usable items if need be (tarp stakes, food skewer....whatever may come up)....and also be useful for self defense if a situation were to arise that called for it. (god forbid)...
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

I have a big ass survival knife. It has a waterproof handle. The back of the handle unscrews. In the lid of the handle there's a compass. Inside the handle there's a kit in it of strike anywhere matches, fishing hooks and fishing line, a wire saw.

Although I'm not sure what the legal requirement for blade length is. My knife's blade is 9 inches.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/