0-99 Poster

Re: Post Something Interesting

Post by Pepster »

SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Post Something Interesting

Post by SubLunar »

Indeed. Although the brown leather shoes guy on the building in Dubai was done with permission.. Small technicality since the article claims they're illegally procured photographs. He's a famous photo guy, whatever his name is, photographed changing the lightbulbs in the empire state building once.

But yeah that's some crazy shit and I don't think I could do it. I've been working on conquering my fear of heights and although I can do most stuff that I encounter, the really tall stuff is my kryptonite..
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Gah! Fucking bicyclists! Just look at that stupid asshole. As I've mentioned before I ride a lot. I was regularly riding 20 miles on the trails almost every weekend on a one speed BMX bike. I don't take my bicycle on the streets because I don't think it's safe. Common sense is cool and stuff.

I've learned how to annihilate their logic quite easily. Ask them why we don't have unicycles and roller bladers running around on the streets. I've never gotten a single response to that question from them on super serious facebook arguments.

The only reason they think they have the right to be in traffic is because the law only calls out slow moving "motor vehicles". Because their bikes are not motorized, they claim immunity. That's literally their entire argument. So, according to their logic, we should have pogo sticks and roller skates on the streets in traffic too.
304.011. 1. No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic
http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C300-399/3040000011.HTM

Missouri Revised Statutes Chapter 304 Traffic Regulations Section 304.011
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

just open the door and say OPPS didnt see you therr sorry
seriously i almost slammed into like 10 bikers the other day i live on a 2 lane paved highway i was doing like 60 or a tad over topped a hill and there in the middle of my lane were all these bikes if there had been a car comming im not sure what would ahve happened there is no sholder to go on there were IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD no flags no warning no pace cars no n othing could you imagion standing in frount of a judge trying to explain why you killed 10 bikers?????
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

^ Exfuckingactly.

They act like motorists are pissed at them because we want to drive faster and are impatient.

No, dipshits, it's because we don't want to be charged for running over your stupid ass. If there were no charges for running over a bicyclist, I suppose I wouldn't get pissed off when I come upon them in traffic...
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

Great 6 minute mockumentary video at the bottom of this article. Crazy shit.

http://www.singularityweblog.com/the-ce ... n-project/
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

This website looks like it hasn't been updated since 1998. When I first visited it yesterday, there was one of those welcome screens that you click on to enter the website but it's not there now, I don't know if that goes away once you visit for the first time or what. At any rate... The shittiness of their website is in stark contrast of the overwhelming amount of good information in their books.

http://www.guitargrimoire.com/
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: RE: Post Something Interesting

SubLunar wrote:I've learned how to annihilate their logic quite easily.
I am, and have friends, in both communities.

It dawned on me the other day that street-bicyclists are the same as loud-pipe motorcyclists.

It's a half look-at-me and half it's-my-perogative mindset. They think that because they're not hurting anyone that they shouldn't be hassled with common courtesies.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I commute 9 miles a day to work on a bicycle and 9 miles a day back. I'm not the annoying one, though. You probably don't notice me or think about me. First five miles on a trail, last four through residential areas, neighborhoods, backstreets. I don't ride on main roads. I stop at stop signs. I don't assume I have any sort of right of way in any situation. Yeah, the assholes on bicycles get on my nerves, too. Don't think the comparison to loud pipe motorcyclists holds up, though. All loud pipe motorcyclists are assholes. But not everyone on a bicycle is quite that bad, maybe.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I hate people who think that bicycles are equivalent to cars. The way I see it, they're on the same level as skate boards and pedestrians and should stay out of the way of cars. Although, this is coming from someone who only bikes for recreation or between classes on a pedestrian oriented campus.
aka "That Guy"
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

probaly what ticks me the most is when im on my Motorcycle ok its nto a car but its a Goldwing so YES I am bigger and BADDER but IF we collide we will both loose so dont act like Im the bad guy and you have the right of way on everything OBEY the laws like I have to and the biggest thing is just get out of the MIDDLE of the freaking highway
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

BagHead727 wrote:I hate people who think that bicycles are equivalent to cars. The way I see it, they're on the same level as skate boards and pedestrians and should stay out of the way of cars. Although, this is coming from someone who only bikes for recreation or between classes on a pedestrian oriented campus.
If you're riding on the street I say you should obey the laws of street traffic, if you're riding on the side walk then you can obey pedestrian laws.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

BROUSER wrote:I commute 9 miles a day to work on a bicycle and 9 miles a day back. I'm not the annoying one, though. You probably don't notice me or think about me. First five miles on a trail, last four through residential areas, neighborhoods, backstreets. I don't ride on main roads. I stop at stop signs. I don't assume I have any sort of right of way in any situation. Yeah, the assholes on bicycles get on my nerves, too. Don't think the comparison to loud pipe motorcyclists holds up, though. All loud pipe motorcyclists are assholes. But not everyone on a bicycle is quite that bad, maybe.
Sounds like we have similar riding styles. My comparrison was about street (or I should have called them "in-traffic") riders.. not the whole community of bicyclists; much like loud pipe douches don't represent all motorcyclists.