Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

You can talk about anything here
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by mindwaave »

If it was an android phone, on a computer where you're logged-into Google, search "Find my phone". If it was an iPhone, go to iCloud.com and you can locate it from there.
Preservation over plunder.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

mindwaave wrote:If it was an android phone, on a computer where you're logged-into Google, search "Find my phone".
It's an S5, but it's already dead.

It shows me that it last synced at 3:48 on Thursday.. but that's as far as I can go. The "Next" buttons don't actually do anything when I try to lock it.

Edit: God damn it, one of the options is "ring at full volume even if muted." WHY DIDN'T ANYONE SHOW ME THIS BEFORE? Pretty much everyone was like; Well, you're fucked. Good luck.

Now I am fucked.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Got a letter today from my landlord. My rent is going up. I've been expecting it for 6 months now, but wasn't expecting an increase of $450/month. Holy shit.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Finding a new place to live or paying the new cost?
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

RE: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

I've had some time to think about it and I'll stay for a little while.

I was getting a really good deal for the past year and a half, so it's only just now catching up to where it should be. Shopping around and the new price is dead even with everything else out there.

If I were to move, I would have to go through all that hassle to 1) not save any more money, and 2) not live somewhere as perfect.

I think I do need to invest in some rental property to offset this cost, though. Why not just buy where I currently live? Can't afford it. It's a catch-22.
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

So I turn out of a parking lot and have to slam on my breaks to keep from killing a supremely overweight person who is very slowly jaywalking across the road diagonally after apparently getting off a public transit bus. I honk my horn at them twice, and the person flaps their flappy arm at me dismissively without even looking in my direction. Every ounce of will power employed to keep from cursing at the piece of shit. How some people can survive to adulthood is a puzzle.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

I feel like I ranted about this before, but here's an update. I left my old job a year and a half ago. I had an HSA through them.

I was bored a couple months ago and logged in to see how my account was doing, since it was gaining a meager interest. I noticed a ~$4 charge every month for account maintenance. I called to ask WTF that was for. My old company used to pay that, but since I'm not with them, I'm on the hook.

Ok, so I've been withdrawing any possible medical expense from it since then. I'm now down to the last little bit. I worked out my expenses to leave a whopping $0.14 after I submit these last few claims.

I get an error. I need to leave enough in my account for the $25 "account closing fee."

Fuck you, HealthEquity.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Fuck those things in general. I got 300 bucks stolen from me by an FSA because I paid my medical expense with my debit card and they wouldn't refund it. NOWHERE was there ANY WRITTEN rules about method of payment. I looked. But they still fucked me out of 300 bucks. I appealed. I got HR involved.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

It looks like it's a bunch of Atheists that made a religion out of being an Atheist. From what the articles are saying, they only did this after the Supreme Court made sure the Good News Clubs nationwide had access to school property. I'm not 100% sure, but I get the impression this is more about making a point that no religion should be in school, since they only did it as a reaction to Christian clubs.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: RE: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by Nicotti »

RedRook wrote:It looks like it's a bunch of Atheists that made a religion out of being an Atheist. From what the articles are saying, they only did this after the Supreme Court made sure the Good News Clubs nationwide had access to school property. I'm not 100% sure, but I get the impression this is more about making a point that no religion should be in school, since they only did it as a reaction to Christian clubs.
See my post in the other thread.

-Ayn Rand
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Stupid, god damn, motherfucking Siemens NX.

I hate that design software so much. Every menu is backwards from what it should be, everything takes 10x longer than it should, and none of the tools work as much as you hope and you always need to band-aid the band-aid of the band-aid of your design.

Fuck NX. Give me CATIA.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Moist Siemens

-Ayn Rand
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Was going to upload a video of an epic missile silo tonight but the guys who mow the grass at my subdivision shredded my internet line. Digrite was supposed to come mark my yard so mediacom could bury the line but they're taking their sweet ass time. Now I don't have internet for the rest of the fucking weekend because mediacom isn't open.
aka "That Guy"
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

And I'm paying for internet right now and I don't have it. I'm going to make my landlord reimburse me somehow
aka "That Guy"
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

So this stupid lady at work brings in a huge box of chocolates as a birthday gift for me and 2 coworkers who also had their birthdays this month. She presents it to us at a meeting today..."Alright! Candy!" After the meeting, when everyone went back to work, the stupid lady who bought us the candy wanted to kiss some ass and actually gives the huge box of candy to the boss, who actually accepted it, then left with it knowing it was a birthday gift for us .. perfect material for sketch comedy.