Can Ya Help a Brotha Out?

You can talk about anything here
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Can Ya Help a Brotha Out?

Post by tyler »

I'm going into the studio this weekend to finally record some tracks. If there is anyone on here who owns a banjo and/or a mandolin and would be willing to lend them to me for a couple days, I would be so in your debt. I guarantee their safe return with my life, as well as credit on the CD for your help.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

RE: Can Ya Help a Brotha Out?

Post by ropingk »

I have both--the banjo is a Fender the Mandoline is a Crafter I am not real sure how good the mandoline is but the Banjo is pretty good quality
I would be glad to let you use them but I really dont know how to get them to you
Shipping is pretty expensive (around $35-$45 one way)

let me know I live outside Rolla Mo. and I work close to St louis
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Heh, you're the only person who's replied on any post I've made on each board. I'm too poor to make the shipping, and I also don't think I could have enough gas to make it to Rolla. Thank you for offering, I really appreciate it.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

where exactally are you??? you can PM me if you want to
The other thing is when do you need them?
I might be able to meet you someplace in between
My only problem is the time factor I am in the middle of getting in this years hay and with a full time job and a 200 mile drive every day it is tight
let me know and we will see if there is any way to make it work
Hey do you play banjo??? I have tryed but it is so much diffrent than the guitar--thoese darn finger rolls
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

I have this weird thing with fretted instruments. When my friend's grandad bought him a Mandolin, my friend couldn't find a chord or anything. So he threw it to me and said "You figure it out." Oddly, I did within a matter of seconds and me and his grandad were playing old tunes. I later discovered that I also know how to play the Banjo when I picked one up in the music shop. It's weird, maybe some kind of past-life thing. Who knows.

Anyway, I live in Springfield. And I'm recording on Saturday, so it would be any time before then.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Some people just have a knack for the Banjo and the Mandolin.... Steve Martin can play the Banjo!
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Yeah, but...it's fucking Steve Martin. I mean, for real. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles anyone?
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Do tell how the studio work went??? sorry we couldnt hook up,if it had been a diffrent weekend I might have been able to drive down,
If you are using a Banjo and mandoline are you doing Bluegress?? We have group of players that get togther at a local firehouse 1 friday a month and everyone just sitts in a circle and picks, some are awesome players and some are just average and some ar beginners it really dont matter cause it is all fun--if we get lucky some of the spouses will come and bring food there are just three rules
No alchol
No cussing
no Smoking
so it is pretty much a family get to gether
any way let me know how it went
thanks
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

The recording didn't happen. I managed to find both a mandolin and a banjo, only the guy who brought the banjo back from Bolivar wasn't home when he said I could pick it up. So it didn't happen at all. However, I did go to Tulsa and see the best lightning ever and some ultimate fighting. A great weekend. I'm going to take some time and write some extra stuff before recording now since it won't be rushed.

Oh, and the genre. I play folk music that has a bluegrass tinge, gospel blues influences, and things like that. It's bluegrassy in the instrumentaition...but not exactly bluegrass music. I've got some rough songs posted online. I'll post the link sometime.