Star Wars Episode 3

You can talk about anything here
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Star Wars Episode 3

Post by thetrio »

I just got back from seeing star wars. I gotta say it was the best one since empire. Im sure i will get some arguements on this matter (even more when I state my opinion that Mace Windu is a candy ass) so lets hear everyone elses opinion. :D
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
Sirius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Star Wars Episode 3

Post by Sirius »

i also enjoyed the movie. i liked how they made the fighters and other spacecraft look more like the ones in the old movies, and made ewan macgregor look more like alec guinness. overall it was very much better than the previous two. mace windu, while not a candyass, didn't get as much of a fight and cool death scene as i expected. i guess he was expendable.
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

This movies was good, but in no way compares to IV, V, or VI. Yet again, terrible dialogue. But you grow accustomed to this with George Lucas films. I felt it was all right though. I mean, I didn't like at all when Vader steps off the flat and yells. That was way too Frankenstein for me. They also took Yoda's manner of speaking waaay over the line.
Sirius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Sirius »

i agree completely about vader, and natalie portman should be slapped for even calling herself an actress, but i thought otherwise the acting was much better than in episodes I and II. the kid playing young vader was much better this time i thought.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I'm still burned. I was there at midnight opening night for Episode I. It sucked so bad, I didn't even bother with Episode II until it came out on video. I want to believe what everyone is saying about Episode III being pretty good, but I'm still skeptical because the other two BLEW.
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

There was one saving grace to Episodes I and II, though...

The lightsaber duels kicked much tushie. You've gotta admit that, no matter how crappy the rest of the movie was, and no matter how much Jar-Jar needs run over by a slow-moving steamroller for a very long and painful death, Darth Maul kicking two Jedi's butts at once was awesome.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Sirius wrote:mace windu, while not a candyass, didn't get as much of a fight and cool death scene as i expected. i guess he was expendable.
That's what got me! I heard that he once said he didn't want to die in a puny battle. It should have been much more epic than that. But then again...maybe he didn't die. I also wish they would have followed through with making it almost exactly the same as RotJ by throwing Mace Windu off.

I thought Padme's labor scene was far too corny for my likings, the way she just spit the names out of no where. But the lightsaber battle between Obi Wan and Anakin was coriographed very well. It was fun seeing Grand Moff Tarkin there at the end, too. :D
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

I wished they would have shown more of the wookie planet battle.
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

At first, watching the battle, I'd have agreed with you. But they crossed the line when the Wookie's came swinging onto one of the water tanks doing the Tarzan yell.
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

Yeah the tarzan yell was really out of place. I dont even know what they were thinking with that.
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
KingMAB
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by KingMAB »

Chewie does the tarzan yell when he swings onto an AT-ST in Jedi.

My favorite bit was where Yoda tells Obi-wan about how he needs to train to learn the Super Saiyan Level 3 Immortality Technique.
No one should brave the underworld alone.
Poe-Hello
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I have two things to say:

"You're breaking my heart!"
and
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!1"

I think that pretty much sums up my feelings. Okay, the last half of the movie was pretty tight, but the first hour/hour and a half was the biggest pile of crap I've ever seen put down on film. General Grevious was AWFUL, and what was up with that lizard?? Why do they always have to ride annoying, hideous things in the prequels?

And WR, I too was present at the midnight showings for Episodes 1 & 2, and I too was burnt. I was in no particular hurry to see this one, but as bad as it got, it never reached "You're smoother than sand!" or "Now THIS is podracing!" levels of hideosity.
Sirius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Sirius »

yeah that pretty much sums it up only you forgot

"YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!"
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Re: RE: Star Wars Episode 3

Post by atron »

Sertile wrote:and what was up with that lizard?? Why do they always have to ride annoying, hideous things in the prequels?
Prequels do the words, Banthas, Dewbacks, and TaunTauns mean anything to ya. HAHA[/quote]
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Firstly...

TaunTauns are fucking cool. Like...Llamas, only with like...balls and stuff.

Banthas are fucking huge. Big plus.

Dewbacks suck. Straight up and period.