Star Wars Episode 3

You can talk about anything here
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

RE: Star Wars Episode 3

Post by Sertile »

Okay, first of all dewbacks weren't even in the original trilogy. There was like one, and it was just a model in some random background shot. It didn't even move. Not like the giant brontosaurus in the special edition that covers the whole screen with its stretched-out texture mapped ass. Second, banthas were only used by sandpeople, who are crazy barbarian alien/monster things, not intelligent human beings with spaceships and landspeeders. Third, tauntauns kick ass. 'Nuff said.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

You could at least call "sandpeople" by their real name. Tusken Raiders ain't that hard to remember.
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

They never actually say "Tusken Raiders" in any of the six movies though, do they? It's just one of those things that's understood. Just like how they never actually spoke the word "sith" or the name "Palpatine" in the original trilogy, yet everyone somehow knew Vader was a sith and the Emperor's name was Palpatine.

Anyway, I always used to say Tuskens, I just started getting out of the habit recently. Not quite sure what brought that on. I blame the prequels.
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Coolest Vader scene ever is in the original trilogy. When one of the commanders walks in and he's in his bubble that he sits in so he can take his helmet off. Best Vader scene ever.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Okay. I broke down and saw it tonight. It definitely wasn't the steaming pile of shit that the first two episodes were, but I wasn't all that impressed. Here's my take (beware of spoilers).

The Bad

The dialogue between Padme and Anakin was some of the worst I've ever heard in a movie. I mean, that crap sounded like it was written by a pre-pubescent girl.

Anakin's turning to the darkside seemed really forced and I didn't buy it. I mean, one minute he's one of the good guys, albeit a bit confused, and the next minute he's murdering children out of nowhere? Nope. It takes amazing writing to make a transformation like that believable, and it wasn't there.

General Grievous was lame. LAME! Also, I already knew from the internet, but they couldn't take thirty seconds to explain why Grievous, a robot, had a HEART?

The emperor's makeup job was god awful. I mean, seriously... They spend a ridiculous amount on CGI, but they can't get a decent makeup artist to make the emperor's twisted face look halfway realistic?

Padme dying for no freaking reason was silly. What the hell was that? She "lost her will to live" and died? BULLSHIT! That's lame.

Also... and this was a complaint I had about the first two movies... There was entirely too much damn CGI. Not EVERYTHING needs to be computer generated. I mean, you really can tell when everything but the human characters on screen is fake. If I wanted to watch a computer-generated cartoon, I'd go rent the Incredibles again.

The Good

The last scene between Anakin and Obi-wan was perfect. It was sad and tragic and exactly how it was supposed to be. It would've been hard to do that any better.

The lightsaber fights were mostly awesome.