Kung fu Hustle

You can talk about anything here
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Kung fu Hustle

Post by David Keetz »

somebody please explain this movie to me........................i spent 7.50 to to watch this film and I don't get it. I take pride in the fact that i've never seen a movie that i didn't get.........
so what's the deal with kung fu hustle?
was it supposed to be a pun?
a comedy?
a culture commentary?........i totally missed the point.....i honestly don't think it was intended to be a comedy.....i didn't chuckle once through the whole movie and the outrageous effects were too outrageous to honestly be funny...
the last comedy movie that i saw that i didn't laugh at was "napoleon dynamite" but i understood that movie and i did understand the comedic value.....it just didn't make me laugh.....i cracked a smile once during that movie....

anyway...if somebody knows the reasoning behind kung fu hustle, fill me in...i'd really like to know
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

RE: Kung fu Hustle

Post by tyler »

King Fu Hustle is like an inside joke. I think it's pure genius, however...I was nearly alone in people who found it funny in the theatre.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

RE: Kung fu Hustle

Post by David Keetz »

how is it an "inside" joke?............nothing that is mass media can be an inside joke...that is a paradox.....

so who was it supposed to be appealing to? inside jokes normally denote puns....what was it a pun on?