Time to update

You can talk about anything here
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Time to update

Post by ropingk »

Hey Rabbit I know you have been busy and like most really have no "FREE" time but if you do how about a update to the home page--I really did like the Dinkeys story but I think I have seen it enought for awhile

Thanks
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

RE: Time to update

Post by ann_marie »

I've been thinking the same thing for about 3 weeks now. Looks like wrabbit didn't do any exploring in March?
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I've got three full updates waiting to go on the site: Hotel Seville (which should have been on ages ago), Carthage Underground, and the 8th Street Tunnel from KC.

I've been trying to re-design the site for a few weeks now, and I wanted to get that done before I put up any more updates. The problem is, I'm extremely anal when it comes to that and I have to get things just the way I like it. So, I've spent at least a little time every night just monkeying with it. However, I think I've finally got the new design just about the way I want it, so I should get some updates up within the week.

You can see what the new design will basically look like at:

http://www.undergroundozarks.com/test.html

Ignore the Blog logo on it. I just used that as a placeholder until I design a new logo. Also, none of the links work.

And it's not really a drastic re-design. I just wanted to change a few things that had been bugging me. I wanted the menu on the right. I wanted all the location names in the menu, and I wanted to get rid of the categories, because not every location fits into one neatly (although I'm still going to have a separate page for that).
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

Again, I still like it. :wink:
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Looks great cant wait till we are there
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Man... I'm like halfway ready to start over from scratch. Every night I screw with the new design, and every night I end up pissed off.

I swear I'd rather take a good hard kick in the balls then fiddle with HTML and CSS.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

If you want to work on a different css project, I have one due next week I'd be happy to let you work on! :D
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Well, I've had the design completely done since last night. The problem I'm having right now is trying to get the CSS, which makes the page look awesome in Firefox, to make it look right in IE. For any of you who have never tried to get a CSS-using site to work in both IE and Firefox, it's about as fun as shoving needles under your fingernails.

Anyway, it's coming, I swear.
xtoq
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by xtoq »

Rabbit, if you want any help with CSS, let me know. Although, I understand being a perfectionist. Hope the needles under your fingernails will be better soon. I have some IE/Firefox CSS hacks if you want them...
There is absolutely no evidence to support the theory that life is serious.