anyone want a free dog ?

You can talk about anything here
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

anyone want a free dog ?

Post by lzrturbo91 »

i am going to the army and i need to find her a home she is a cool dog and only almost a year old or so but she needs a good home and i cannot give hr much of one in the army at all let me know if anyone is intrested
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Re: anyone want a free dog ?

Post by Kit »

type of dog and pics would be helpful i think :)
Kit wrote:I am old
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

RE: anyone want a free dog ?

Post by DeeDee »

I would but Willard and my cat wont allow it. :(
It's your mom and I helped!!!!
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

shes a pit - white with brown spots she looks like a cow as far as color goes - i mean shes a cute dog and she nice but i need to find her a home
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

yeah i would think with it being a pitbull thats going to be hard :( i know there are pitbull rescue groups might see if there is one nearby
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

me= going to army - i dont have alot of time to take her somewhere so i was going to try to find her a home with someone you know and most of the time thoes shelters are already full
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

you could try parking at the walmart on west sunshine. People are always there on the weekends with all kinds of pets and they seem to find homes for them.
godfather
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by godfather »

If I had a yard I'd take her in a second. I've raised 3 pits and love them. They just need the love back to be great dogs. Good luck finding her a home. I will do some searching and see if I can find a rescue that could take her on short notice.

If you are located in Missouri check this site out: http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/mpr/

If they have a foster home able to take her, they can probably meet you somewhere to help make things easier.
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

i need someone to take her i mean im not trying to pass her off but trying to something other then take her to the pound - the pound kills pit bulls just for being a pitt thats not fair but im leaving for the army and i dont have any other resource some one wants a dog i know it
godfather
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by godfather »

That's not the pound, far from it. Dog "rescues" are usually a network of people dedicated to a specific breed, and open their homes/shelters/clinics as foster homes for dogs either needing a home, or saved from harm. They keep them and care for them as their own until a more stable home can be found. Contact them first thing tomorrow, it's worth a shot.

Hell I would have paid for access to a program like that here in Arkansas. I had to give up my Rottie when I moved and there was no Rott Rescue near me. He did end up with a good family though, just took for ever to find them.

P.S. Shelters DO NOT kill pits just for being pits. They do take the breed into account, and limit adoption options, and times for those that show signs of aggression. Can you really blame them for that though? If you were near Fayetteville I would suggest you contact the shelter here as they have been great with finding homes for bully breeds in the past. One of the ones I helped raise was a rescue/adoption from there.
CasperMilkToast
Bearer of Man-Thong
Bearer of Man-Thong

Post by CasperMilkToast »

The problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time. - Robin Williams
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

pbr took down my post and e-mailed me that they cannot post up abandon dogs - i was like wtf shes not abandon its just life is changing in such a way that i require to find her a home - its not un heard of someone getting rid of a dog cause of whatever reason and its not that i was abandoning her its more that i figured thoes people were already dialed in so to say so they would be able to get her a better home then i would - but i dont know ill keep trying - idealy i would just like to give her to a loving family
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

again try wal-mart on west sunshine. a few hours and i bet you have her a home.
godfather
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by godfather »

/\ is worth a try. My only concern is that you can't really know about who is really getting her, and what her future may be like with them.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

true but if you have any kind of gut feeling for people its going to be better than nothing.