Is it somehow possible that you cavers might help?

You can talk about anything here
Richard in Texas
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: Is it somehow possible that you cavers might help?

Post by Richard in Texas »

junkman306 wrote:
White Rabbit wrote:Richard's giving me some information privately, so he gets to stay.

I know, you guys are excited, right?
Oddly enough I am. :?
I'm also attempting to get agreement with the individual in question to contact him directly and provide everything. Then he would be getting it straight from the horse's mouth. I think it would be fantastic if the whole lot of you could go up there and search every cave, crevise and possible area where any bodies could be disposed. I'm damned sure not going to myself. But you all seem to like this stuff and I'd like to see you have a go at it. And you might even make some money while you're at it; assuming that reward fund is still active. (I've never heard that it has been withdrawn.)
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Is it somehow possible that you cavers might help?

Post by junkman306 »

I don't care about money. I just like caves and a good adventure.
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
Richard in Texas
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: RE: Is it somehow possible that you cavers might help?

junkman306 wrote:I don't care about money. I just like caves and a good adventure.
I appreciate that but I just did the calculations. If the $100,000 were put into a money market account at an average rate of 5.5% the total today would be $223,247.65. If were invested in something with a higher yield it could easily be $300,000 or more.

Your time is worth something and the cost of your equipment, blood, sweat and tears to find anything is as well. I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. After all, the reward was put there as an incentive. Nothing immoral about it. You can always give it to the charity of your choosing if you would rather.
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

I'd probably pay my house off. I just wanna go cavin. :D
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Don't get me wrong, I'd keep the reward if I got it, but the reward is the least of my concerns. I'll happily risk my life for adventure, but would never risk it for something as trivial as money. If I cared more for money than for being alive then I would've gone to Iraq two years ago when they were begging for anthropologists to come and work on the mass graves.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Richard in Texas
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Just for the record, I think discovery of the remains would effectively lead to the solving of the case. How the bodies would have gotten there and who would have allowed them to be placed there would have some 'splaining to do, if you get my drift.

Any bone fragments could be traced back to the family members through DNA analysis which would solve the mystery of the missing remains. A jawbone with dental work would be ideal. That's probably not likely but we won't know unless someone actually looks there.
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

Sertile wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'd keep the reward if I got it, but the reward is the least of my concerns. I'll happily risk my life for adventure, but would never risk it for something as trivial as money. If I cared more for money than for being alive then I would've gone to Iraq two years ago when they were begging for anthropologists to come and work on the mass graves.
I agree completely.
ARLT1YJ
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by ARLT1YJ »

Sertile - I've never read someone's opinion about money that mirrors my own so much, until today. (minus the anthro. part, because i'd be f-ing useless in that capacity)
Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Former User #2 »

So are we waiting for white rabbit to give us the scoop?
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

Yes.
Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Former User #2 »

Oh thats good. Hopefully its in the alley spring area of the current river. You ever been there junk? Or by round spring, thats another really pretty area.
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

Nope. Never been up that way.
ARLT1YJ
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by ARLT1YJ »

Messing around on google... I found one of UO's thread's and the famous Sinkhole Violator. Go ahead, google Sinkhole Violater.... :mrgreen:
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I'm famous!
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

infamous is more like it