Hadda gush somewhere. Apologies in advance.

You can talk about anything here
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Hadda gush somewhere. Apologies in advance.

Post by Mindscape »

For the past nearly five years I've loved a girl with all my heart.

I met her online in a roleplaying chat, and fell head over heels for her, despite not really being the sort to do that.

For the first three years, I waited for her to be single so I could date her. When that time finally came just over two years ago, she'd just moved from being close enough to drive to see to being halfway across the country. Even so, the past two years has been more than worth the wait, and we've been back and forth to visit each other several times. We've met each other's family, her dad didn't slaughter me, and I asked her to marry me on one of those trips.

She said yes last summer, and we picked out her wedding dress at Thanksgiving, while I was up there. Still, we had to deal with me being here and her being in Oregon.

It's now just past midnight, so it's the morning of Wednesday the 23rd. Tomorrow, Thursday the 24th, I go to pick her up from the airport... and this time, it's not a visit. She's moving down here.

Damn, I'm in a good mood.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

RE: Hadda gush somewhere. Apologies in advance.

Post by ann_marie »

Congrats. Long distance is difficult. My bf is from Australia and the culture barrier is extremely difficult. He hates it here. At least you aren't dealing with immigration laws like we have been the last 2 years. We were apart for 8 months waiting on visa papers to get approved. It's hard (and damn expensive) and puts a HUGE strain on a relationship so to say that you've made it is quite something. I wish you the best in your future life together.
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

RE: Hadda gush somewhere. Apologies in advance.

Post by youthsonic »

Congrats man! I tried the long distance thing once when I was a teen but it didn't work. Your perseverance has definatly paid off, and I wish you two nothing but good times for the rest of your life together!
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"