Musical Tastes?

You can talk about anything here
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Musical Tastes?

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Just thought I would ask what kind of music everyone is into? I myself listen to a lot of Indie, Ska, Punk, Skacore, Dance, all that good stuff.

I just took the artists I have in alphabetical order to give ya'll an idea:

98 Mute, Against Me!, American Distress, Anti-Flag, Army of Ponch, Astrid Oto, At the Drive-In, Atom and His Package, Bad Brains, Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution, Basic Radio, Big D & the Kids' Table, Bitchin', Black Flag, Black Eyes, Books Lie, Bright Eyes, Bring Back the Guns, The Bronx, Capdown, Catch 22, Choking Victim, Common Rider, Commander Venus, Cursive, Dead Kennedys, Death From Above, Desaparecidos, Downfall, Dropkick Murphy's, The Eels, Egghunt, Embrace, The Exploited, The Faint, Frou Frou, Fugazi, Government Issue, Grabass Charlestons, Gray Matter, Gunmoll, Hot Water Music, INDK, Isocracy, Jawbox, Marginal Man, Mars Volta, Mercury Radio Theater, Minor Threat, Negative Approach, Offspring, Operation Ivy, Pailhead, Planes Mistaken for Airplanes, Presidents of the United States of America, Q and Not U, Rancid, Rise Against, Rites of Spring, Sage Francis, Scream, Small Brown Bike, Streetlight Manifesto, The Specials, Simon & Garfunkel, Strike Anywhere, Teen Idles, Thievery Corporation, True North, Twelve Hour Turn, The Usuals, The Varukers, Youth Brigade, Zero 7
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

RE: Musical Tastes?

Post by ann_marie »

I can't really label what I listen to, it ranges from old school country to Brit rock....I hate rap though...except Nelly because he bought a house in my neighborhood just for MTV cribs... :lol:
Okay, so on with my list shortened...no laughing!

Aphex Twin
Interpol
Gus Gus
Gorillaz
Ian Brown (The Stone Roses)
Spacehog
James
Radiohead
The Cure
Coldplay
Elliot Smith
Stereophonics
Jeff Buckley
Daft Punk
The Thrills
The Killers
Cocteau Twins
The Smiths
Luna
Moving Units
The The
The White Strips
The Pixies
Gavin Friday
Depeche Mode
U.N.K.L.E.
Ladytron
Kings of Convenience
Queens of the Stone Age
Muse
Manic Street Preachers
Catherine Wheel
Afghan Whigs
Air
Blackbox Recorder
Blur
Bjork
Coil
Ween
New Order
Errors
Lamb
Suede
and I can't forget Elvis, Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash

There's a million others...but I think you get the idea...
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Well, I not only listen to varied styles of music but also play and varied types of bands. I play bass in Springfield, MO rock band Levee, drums in a local emo/posthardcore project, and I'm in the process of forming a new band. Bands I listen too....

The Spirit of Versailles
City of Caterpillar
Malady
The Blood Brothers
A Day In Black and White
Amanda Woodward
Ween
Neutral Milk Hotel
Metallica
Nirvana
Pantera
Phish
The Black Crowes
The Dead
Gov't Mule
DMB
Trey Anastasio
Joss Stone

Basically anything from screamo to hardcore...metal to classic rock...blues through jazz...country to punk...and all sorts of -Cores. Like Emocore, Post-hardcore, Spazzcore.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

i'm impressed by the "clear channel" freedom you guys possess

i'm into some more popular heavy stuff like:

Norma Jean, The Chariot, Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Poison the Well, As I Lay Dying, Cephalic Carnage, Otep, Opeth, Pig Destroyer, Agorophobic Nosebleed, Everytime I Die

Also: Pedro the Lion, Ian Van Dahl, Amon Tobin, Brand New, Johnny Cash, Oh my God

...that's what comes to mind right now. Lets keep this thread going
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Re: RE: Musical Tastes?

Post by ann_marie »

David Keetz wrote:i'm impressed by the "clear channel" freedom you guys possess

i'm into some more popular heavy stuff like:

Norma Jean, The Chariot, Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Poison the Well, As I Lay Dying, Cephalic Carnage, Otep, Opeth, Pig Destroyer, Agorophobic Nosebleed, Everytime I Die

Also: Pedro the Lion, Ian Van Dahl, Amon Tobin, Brand New, Johnny Cash, Oh my God

...that's what comes to mind right now. Lets keep this thread going
You want my Amon Tobin CD? I wasn't impressed.
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

I have "supermodified" and it was really really weird so i really liked it. I guess I lied, i haven't really heard his other stuff and I'm not really into "dj's" or people who produce music straight from their computer, it goes against my grain but that cd was kinda creepy.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

David Keetz wrote:I have "supermodified" and it was really really weird so i really liked it. I guess I lied, i haven't really heard his other stuff and I'm not really into "dj's" or people who produce music straight from their computer, it goes against my grain but that cd was kinda creepy.
I have "Chomp Samba" it's yours....I suggest you check out Aphex Twin.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

I have Aphex Twin..........i've yet to listen ........you really don't want that cd?

*ivecomasiam: did you get my pm?
Last edited by David Keetz on Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

You know, I haven't listened to anything but talk radio in so long, I don't even know what I like.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

My selection is so wide ranged, I don't know where to begin... :shock:
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

David Keetz wrote:I have Aphex Twin..........i've yet to listen ........you really don't want that cd?
Which CD do you have and why the hell haven't you listened? I suggest listening to it during lightening storm...it's the coolest thing ever. And Yes, next time I'm in Springfield the cd is yours. 8)

I listen to BBC radio (Radio Scotland) at work, the talk radio here sucks ass. I'm moving to Scotland.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

My music tastes are really off the wall. But as of right now I've been listening to a lot of Murder by Death, Alexisonfire, Across Five Aprils, Jamie Cullum, Social Distortion *absolute favorite band*, Rise Against, The Decembrists, The Cramps, The Independents, A Static Lullaby, Chariot, Norma Jean, Showbread, Flemming and John, Straylight Run, Dido, Silverchair, Clash, Radiohead. You get the point. There's too many bands out there, I want to listen to everything but there's just not enough time.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

NPR isn't bad. I listen to 91.9 all the time. It's how I get my news anymore.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Jojo Roberts
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jojo Roberts »

There's so much good music out there, and I tend to like it all. well if it's real, as opposed to manufactured to sell (with exceptions...manson).
I'll limit my list to bands I've covered on stage with various bands
Desaparecidos, System of a Down, Neutral Milk Hotel, Radiohead, Bright Eyes, Johnny Cash, Devendra Banhart, Syd Barrett/Pink Floyd, Dead Kennedy's, Talking Heads, Bauhaus, Marilyn Manson, Tommy James, Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, Woody Guthrie, Enon, and le Tigre

I've just joined a noisecore band as well with likes like
Agorophobic Nosebleed, Anything Mike Patton has done, Lokust(sp?), Arab on Radar, and Erase Errata
In conclusion, there is no conclusion. Things go on as they always have, getting weirder all the time.

Hail Eris. All hail Discordia. Fnord?
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Jojo reminded me that, for some reason, I left off Woody Guthrie and Phil Ochs from my list. Not to mention countless country folk and blues singers of the 19teens forward.