Knights of Pythias

You can talk about anything here
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Knights of Pythias

Post by Willard »

Concidering that to put all information about what being a Pythian is all about on this post would take up to much room, I'm only going to post a couple of things and give the link to the national web site for further reference.

Peace Through Understanding

The Fraternal Order of Knights of Pythias and its members are dedicated to the cause of universal peace. Pythians are pledged to the promotion of understanding among men of good will as the surest means of attaining Universal Peace.

We believe that men, meeting in a spirit of goodwill, in an honest effort of understanding, can live together on this earth in peace and harmony.

We seek those who agree with this belief, and have a belief in a personal Supreme Being, to join our ranks in an effort to reach "Peace Through Understanding".

Pythian Principles

The Fraternal Order of Knights of Pythias promotes cooperation and friendship between people of good will.

Pythians know one way to happiness is through service to mankind.

Pythians believe that friendship is an essential ingredient in life.

Pythians make Benevolence, Kindness, Generosity and Tolerance a reality in their lives.

Pythians place home ties at the top of their priority list.

Pythians are interested in public affairs on the local, state or province, national and international levels.

Pythians are eager to enhance the communities in which they live.

Pythians respect and honor the law of the land in which they live.

Pythians seek to expand their circle of influence by association with people of like interests and energy.

For more information go to http://www.pythias.org/principles/

Also if anyone in the Springfield area (our lodge meetings are in Republic every third Tuesday of the month at roughly 7pm) just let me know and I'll get a petition to you to fill out. Ladies, I'm sorry to say there isn't a Pythian Sisters lodge in this area anymore but if anyone is interested in forming one, I'd be more then glad to help. I can get you in touch with the people that can make it happen.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Knights of Pythias

Post by Willard »

Sorry all, I put the wrong url up. This is the one to go to for more information http://www.pythias.org/

Jojo Roberts
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jojo Roberts »

pledged to the promotion of understanding among men of good will as the surest means of attaining Universal Peace.
It's too bad the group is gender biased. It's great that they are trying to attain Universal Peace, but it's not going to be achieved until we eliminate all hierarchy from our lives. As long as their are unequals (rich/poor, male/female, colored/white, etc...) there will be no peace.
Gender is another false division of life into arbitrary categories, none of which can adequately describe or contain any of us, in order to define us against each other in the interests of Power. There is no male. There is no female. We need to get free. Go off the map.
I'm not criticising the organization, but merely trying to become more aware of gender and race issues. Being a white male in Springfield, the question of power and privilage automatically granted because of my gender and color, doesn't get confronted.

not an attack, just a thought, lots of love - Jojo
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

But... You're still going to take over the world, right?
Jojo Roberts
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jojo Roberts »

With my new Anarchist Hair Gel that is sold exclusively at Hot Topic. And to keep up with all the recent corporate mergers (SBC and AT&T), were merging with Coke. :lol:

...stayed tuned for our new Britney Spears commercial...
James the Red
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by James the Red »

whew, glad to see IM not the only pessimist..

Nothing personal, but I plan on taking satans job when I die... so I dont think I will apply for membership.
just another fly on the wall of life

Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I don't wish to start any arguments or anything, and yes this is a men only organization. We do have a seperate logde for women. Back in the late 1800's we had that set up as well for women to organize and get together and such... the sad part is is that there are very few temples left because most women around aren't interested in organizations like this. The Independant Order of Odd Fellows had to integrate women and men a few years ago and it's a good thing they did becasue memebership isn't very great for them all around. Interestingly enough, not a lot of women from their temples wanted to join the mens lodges... the reason is unknown... this is what I know from talking to a few women here. Anyway I also want to say that just purly on a biological level men and women are very different. Physically speeking men have certain parts that women don't have and the other way around. On a molecular level women have an XX cromosome (sp?) and men have an XY cromosome. Women have the ability to give birth and men do not... we just contribute during the conception. (and it's not imaculate!)

I could go on on other areas where there are differences, but it would be to open to argument and I'd rather not create arguments on this site.

I will say this, if you've never belonged to a mens fraternal organization, it's a really fun time... my guess about why women still arn't allowed at the lodge meetings is becasue we do some funny stuff that I know several women who would just think it childish and juvinile. This last part is just a personal thought.

James the Red
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by James the Red »

everything I do a woman thinks is childish... lol, but they are fun to have around.
just another fly on the wall of life

White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I just want to join one of those groups so I can watch certain people's (the ones who think Masons and the like are evil) eyes bulge out.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Re: RE: Knights of Pythias

Post by ann_marie »

James the Red wrote:Nothing personal, but I plan on taking satans job when I die... so I dont think I will apply for membership.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ahh...funny stuff!
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

If anyone is interested in joining the Knights of Pythias, just PM me and we'll discuss it. The lodge is located in Republic. I will also say that the Knights of Pythias is not a Masonic Organization, however a lot of them belong to the Masons. As far as I can tell the Masons aren't really evil anymore (though I've heard people say that those who belong to the York Right order, located on Kansas Expressway near Bennett, are a bunch of asses) Anyway it's basically just fun fellowship and such. Also as I've stated before, the KofP would love to have a Pythian Sisters Temple form in the area so if any women are interested, PM me.

ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Actually I already have that one. That postcard was produced before the castle was even finished. The part to the left of the card wasn't even built. I also have another postcard that was made around the time Pythian Castle was finished.

Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Here are the post cards I have of Pythian Castle.
Attachments
This is the post card that is on e-bay.
This is the post card that is on e-bay.
The Pythian Home of Missouri A.jpg (47.37 KiB) Viewed 7348 times

Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Here's the other postcard that was taken after the place was built.
Attachments
Pythian Home of Missouri B.jpg
Pythian Home of Missouri B.jpg (48.45 KiB) Viewed 7347 times