Knights of Pythias

You can talk about anything here
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Re: RE: Knights of Pythias

Post by ann_marie »

ivecomeasiam wrote:all right! fear my avatar.
Seen it already. I'm a gore addict...you have to do better than that.

The nepalese beheading or the Chechen soldier beheading are the only ones I can't watch EVER EVER EVER again, blah the blood gurgling in the throat BLAH!!!!!
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

RE: Knights of Pythias

Post by tyler »

DUDE! Is that the one where the guy has his head in what looks to be a creekbed? With a boot on his head? And a knife comes down and rips his throat out? That's the one video that really actually made me sick...it was 4 or so years ago that I saw that and I still remember everything about it. Horrible.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

..... :shock: And I thought I was morbid.....
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Oh, man...morbid knows no bounds with the internet. After seeing the aforementioned video, I haven't been able to watch anything like that. I actually had trouble watching regular movies where people were killed for a while. I don't know, there's something about watching a guy drain some dudes head of blood that turns your stomach. Young curiosity, I'd guess...I noticed the videos on Kazaa, I was only fourteen or so.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

ivecomeasiam wrote:DUDE! Is that the one where the guy has his head in what looks to be a creekbed? With a boot on his head? And a knife comes down and rips his throat out? That's the one video that really actually made me sick...it was 4 or so years ago that I saw that and I still remember everything about it. Horrible.
Yes and he's screaming (or trying to). It's not your normal knife to the throat the knife is stabbed into his neck and then just starts sawing away and he's struggling and the blood is gurgling, it's the most disturbing of all. Ogrish just released there first magazine and of course I got one of the first copies and there are pictures of that particular beheading.
Sick shit. The worst was one of the last beheadings where the guys tongue is moving in and out of his mouth for a good 15 seconds after it had been severed. "You hold out the head for the head to see the crowd, not for the crowd to see the head."
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

ivecomeasiam wrote:Oh, man...morbid knows no bounds with the internet. After seeing the aforementioned video, I haven't been able to watch anything like that. I actually had trouble watching regular movies where people were killed for a while. I don't know, there's something about watching a guy drain some dudes head of blood that turns your stomach. Young curiosity, I'd guess...I noticed the videos on Kazaa, I was only fourteen or so.
I think these videos should be on the nightly news. Then those dumbass yellow "support the troops" magnets might come off the cars and people wouldn't be sitting on there asses saying "yeah, we should be over there". Like Vietnam once we finally leave it will appear as if we were never there. I don't want to start a debate, but those that disagree with me don't even BOTHER to respond unless you've seen the death and mayhem from Iraq (i.e. beheadings, bombings, etc).
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

How about a Baghdad cemetery? I think it would speak to more people than a beheading...as it would just turn a lot of people off due to being so morbid.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking that people really care.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

Oh my! Now that's a picture I haven't seen. It speaks volumes. Where did you find it?
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

I'm not sure anymore. I've had it saved in my PhotoBucket site for a while.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

ivecomeasiam wrote:I'm not sure anymore. I've had it saved in my PhotoBucket site for a while.
I bet it really stinks in that place! Bleh!
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Holy cow! That's really big... Though the media is run by republicans and they support the war... Vietnam was a time when the media was run by librals or anyway by people who thought having a voice mattered...
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Oh yeah and reporters out to win the next Purlizer Prize... lots of excellent journalism back then... not now... most people are just out to lie to get a "good" story.

Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

That, and the government learned its lesson with Vietnam: never let real reporters ride into real combat with real troops. Stick them with babysitting parties, maybe occasionally fire some AKs in the distance so they can all duck and chatter into microphones about how they're near the action...

None of them having to grab a dead soldier's sidearm to defend himself anymore. That leads to pictures of real battle, and pictures of real battle make people not want to fight anymore. You end up with situations like the protests of Vietnam.

The government may not be bright, but it sure ain't stupid.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

On the contrary, I believe they're far more bright than they are given credit for. It's now coming out that a number of commercials on the war and other matters were made in Wag the Dog fashion. They were deemed as strictly propagandistic foolishness, created by a production team and writers with a specific goal of creating something specific on screen that wasn't true at all.

This includes the capture of Saddam Hussein. A marine sargeant present for the capture of Saddam Hussein said what Americans saw was very different than what he saw. He was a part of the group who found Hussein and he wasn't locked away in some hole, but was in a house Takrit. Not only that, but Hussein actually fired shots and killed one marine soldier in the ordeal. This also took place the day before they said they had caught Saddam Hussein. They brought in a production team the next day and fabricated this story of him being in this foxhole, which was also described as an underground water system that had long since gone out of use. However, no one knows if this holds any water yet. (The story, I mean. Not the well, heh)

But this issue of people in America looking at war is a menial part of being good old America is due to the first Gulf War when war because this over-glorified Help The Heathens campaign. No one sees the horror of war, just the squad of tanks riding gallantly into Baghdad. Pick and choose your shots and you can make someone believe anything, especially if you're their government.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

For some odd reason, the Republican party (and I'm not talking about the whole party, just the President and a few stupid senators and congressmen) didn't learn what the Democrats finally learned about war. Until the end of Vietnam, the Democratic President was responsable for getting involved with WWII, Korea, and Vietnam... not to mention Kennedy's stupid farce with the Bay of Pigs invasion. Nixon, a Republican pulled us out of Vietnam but then he got stupid and greedy for the next 4 years and was forced to resign or be impeached. Which leads us to Ford (Republican) (nothing) and Carter (Democrat) (great humanitarian... lousy president). Then you have Regan (Republican)... Reganomics would have worked.... one problem TO MUCH SPENDING ON MILITARY BUILD UP! But hey at least we got the Berlin Wall to come down and saw the end of Communist Russia huh? Then you have Bush I, also a Republican. He thought we needed to go and protect our oil supply! Why not start looking for other ways to power our cars and heat or homes and other alternatives to consuming oil??? NOOOOO! We can't do that, we have to make the oil companies and car companies and the aviation industry happy (though we don't give a shit about space exploration... lets just keep NASA as a museum piece of our governments past!) WAR is the only way to make the Arabs respect us! (the Europeans tried that for centruies! Still hasn't worked!) So the war was "won" and we have our oil (an American monopoly on it to be exact) Hurah for the US of A!!! Then comes Clinton, a Democrat. He cheats on his wife... yes, but who wouldn't want to cheat on her? Though as a side note, if she ran for president I just might concider voting for her. Clinton never talked of war. He focused on what the country needed at home (This is important to keep us a strong nation, not attacking foreign nations). We did have some military involvment overseas but we never launched all out war and Clinton got things done quickly... The media would find out what happened the next day and be all "Uhh... you did what... uhhh.... hmm... MONICA LUINSKY (SP?) SUCKED YOUR DICK???" because who wants to report on something so mundain as doing a stratigic strike that cost minimal lives and was over with in a matter of hours? The Democrats learned their lesson about war after Vietnam... it seems to me that the Republicans are the ones who like the taste of war. Now you have Bush II. I'd rather not expand on him at this moment.