Idiots with too much time on their hands.

You can talk about anything here
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Idiots with too much time on their hands.

Post by White Rabbit »

Hey, you guys wanna see something funny? I got this email today from "Owners of Dogpatch":
You have been ilegaly trespassing and will be prosecuted if Yours are not removed .
You know what's so funny about that? If they were the real owners, they would've known that the owners of Dogpatch gave me full permission to take the pictures that you currently see on this site. In fact, I worked out the whole thing with the owner's brother, who was the caretaker at the time, and he allowed me to go in and take them.

Fucking retards.
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

RE: Idiots with too much time on their hands.

Post by dogpatchexpert »

There is alot of fucking retards in this world
Dogpatch Expert
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Well, I got another email from these people again today, and apparently they ARE speaking on behalf of the owners. The email:
The owners brother which would happen to be [name removed], has not given anyone permissen and we will once again ask you to remove the picutres.
So, I emailed back with:
The owner's brother DID, in fact, give me permission to take those pictures. It was around two years ago, but he did. He gave me permission shortly
after he gave the owner of http://home.alltel.net/phillipc1/index.html permission to take pictures. In fact, I got the number from the owner of that website. I called [name removed], explained what my website was and what I wanted to do, and he agreed to let me go in there the following Sunday morning. I'm terribly sorry if you and [name removed] don't remember this, but it did, in fact, happen. I took those pictures completely legally and with permission, and I'll thank you to quit threatening me. If need be, I have plenty of email and message board posts, as well as emails with the owner of that site who was also given permission to photograph Dogpatch, to prove that I had permission. I'm sorry that someone on your side apparently doesn't remember that, but that is simply not my problem.
Everything I told them is 100% true. And longtime visitors to this site will remember my saying how they gave me permission to enter Dogpatch.

I'm not pulling the pictures. Fuck them. If they'd asked nicely, I probably would have. But those assholes GAVE me permission. It's not my fault they either don't remember or they changed their mind. But, they can fucking take me to court if they want, because I can PROVE I got permission beyond a reasonable doubt.

Assholes.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

Anyone heard of spell check? :roll:
James the Red
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by James the Red »

their aint much they can do, and without physically catching you on the lot, they are fubar. Who is to say you didnt get the pics from a legal point or refernce, or etc... like you said, screw them!
just another fly on the wall of life

Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I think they are bluffing... I think it's someone who's just trying to make trouble for you. If it was serious, for one the messages they are sending would have been spell checked... Oh well... working at a call center I soon found out how many stupid ignorant people there are out there. At least when I can't spell a work (and I know I didn't spell it right) I give notice :-D

If someone is ignoring you, does that make them "ignorant"? ;-)
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

lol, I make a post about bad spelling and I wrote work when I ment to say word.... oops... :-D

White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

It could be someone just screwing with me, but if it is, it's someone who knew stuff (the owner's brother's name) that you can't just Google up these days.

My thinking is this. They gave me permission to take the pictures. Now that Dogpatch is attracting a lot of unwanted visitors, partially because of this site, they decide they don't want them up here anymore. Either that, or they honestly don't remember giving me permission and think I was trespassing.

Either way, they're wrong.

Sheesh... Almost twenty features on this site, and lots more stuff in the forum, and I have to get harassed by one of the FEW sites where I actually did ask permission.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

My question is "what do they have to hide"?

Seems like they are ashamed, as they should be...

What else would make them want those pictures taken down?
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Idiots with too much time on their hands.

Post by White Rabbit »

ann_marie wrote:What else would make them want those pictures taken down?
My guess is that they're probably getting too many people wandering onto their property, and I look like a really good person to blame for that. Thing is, people have been wandering in there long before my site was around. Any of the Marble Falls locals can tell you that.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

That's the problem with living in arkansas....no matter what you're surrounded by ignorant hicks

"you'sa trespassin on mah land!!!......."

what i want to know is why the hell they care anyway? It's a fuckin' amusement park...it's not like they're getting any personal amusement from it......i can understand people not wanting others hunting on their land but that's different....and if they're worried about legal aspects.....if you have a fence and a few no trespassing signs that IS adequate and appropriate precautionary mesaures so that you are not held responsible for anybody who's hurt on your land....

basically....fuck em'
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Yeah, the plot thickens, though. I heard from another Dogpatch site owner yesterday that he got an email from the owners as well. They also gave him permission to enter Dogpatch, because he went there right before I did.

I don't know what their problem is lately. If anything, our sites are just going to increase the chances that someone is willing to pay the outrageous sum they're asking for Dogpatch (five million dollars). The land isn't worth that, and most people have enough sense to know it. But if they saw there used to be a semi-thriving business with local appeal there, that's still on the property, they just MIGHT be willing to pay.

These guys need to pull their heads out of their asses.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

"I try to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my ass."

downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Idiots with too much time on their hands.

Post by downhil »

White Rabbit wrote:Yeah, the plot thickens, though. I heard from another Dogpatch site owner yesterday that he got an email from the owners as well. They also gave him permission to enter Dogpatch, because he went there right before I did.

I don't know what their problem is lately. If anything, our sites are just going to increase the chances that someone is willing to pay the outrageous sum they're asking for Dogpatch (five million dollars). The land isn't worth that, and most people have enough sense to know it. But if they saw there used to be a semi-thriving business with local appeal there, that's still on the property, they just MIGHT be willing to pay.

These guys need to pull their heads out of their asses.
exactly. who's to say im not an absurdly rich lawyer with a soft spot for my childhood? thats really why i want to go back and take a look around.....business opportunity.

who's going with me next month? :wink:
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I'd go... been almost 20 years since I've been... I was about 4 at the time.