Half Life 2

You can talk about anything here
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Half Life 2

Post by ann_marie »

Does anyone here play Half Life? I curious about Half Life 2 that just came out. Have you had any success at playing it? I have to update my video card, or so it's telling me. I play Counter Strike online and everyone I've talked to has had the same problem. I can get the game loaded, but it lags like a biotch. Hopefully some of you play too and can lend me some advice before I go and buy 3 new video cards for my PC's.

Thanks,
Ann Marie
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

RE: Half Life 2

Post by dogpatchexpert »

yeah i played it. It loads ALOT and its short but its a good game but i did not buy halflife 2 for the game i got it for C. S. S. and Team Fort
Dogpatch Expert
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I haven't played it, but I feel like I have since I watch TechTV a lot and they're ALWAYS showing it. Makes me wish I had a new computer that could actually play it. The shit they show you doing in that game with the gravity gun, it's unreal.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

do they make it for computor play I have the 007 Nightfire and it is pretty cool but like most games for the computor it is a little slower than either the X box or PS 2
While we are her does anyone play 007 Nightfire? I am at a level and have no idea how to do what i think is needed :?:
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Re: RE: Half Life 2

Post by ann_marie »

dogpatchex wrote:yeah i played it. It loads ALOT and its short but its a good game but i did not buy halflife 2 for the game i got it for C. S. S. and Team Fort
I mostly got it for CS Source too, but I can't find any servers online that are playing it yet. I've talked to some people on 1.6 that are getting ready to switch over, but they haven't yet.

Do you play online?
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

White Rabbit wrote:I haven't played it, but I feel like I have since I watch TechTV a lot and they're ALWAYS showing it. Makes me wish I had a new computer that could actually play it. The shit they show you doing in that game with the gravity gun, it's unreal.
Yeah, low gravity can be really cool and it can also get you killed really easily. I have been playing a custom Star Wars map the last few days and it's got low gravity and it's pretty fun to play. Watch out for the haxers though, they always ruin everything. :roll:
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

ropingk wrote:do they make it for computor play I have the 007 Nightfire and it is pretty cool but like most games for the computor it is a little slower than either the X box or PS 2
While we are her does anyone play 007 Nightfire? I am at a level and have no idea how to do what i think is needed :?:
Unfortunately I don't play that game, but I rented Wallace and Gromit: Project Zoo last week and I'm thinking "this will be easy to beat, shouldn't take me more than a day or two" I thought it would be a kids game. OMG...it's the hardest game I think I've ever played. I kept getting stuck and luckily someone had a walk through online. It's a very difficult game and VERY frustrating. I got so mad one night I threw my controller and put a big fat crack in it. I didn't beat it in the 7 days I rented it, still had 2 bosses to go. I think it's worth buying though.

My advice would be to look for a walk through of the game to get you past the point you are at.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Yes there is a walkthrough but here is my problem--
The walk through has all the levels the problem is that the levels they show you and the levels i am playing on the game are TOTALY diffrent not some dont even seem like the same game
I think the first three levels are close but then it takes a left turn and gets all crazy I thought maybe i was doing something wrong but a friend tryed to play it and he had the same problem
Oh well if it was easy it wouldnt be any fun

Thanks for your help :roll:
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

What level are you stuck at and where at? I'll check it out myself and see if I can't help you. 8)
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

it has to be close to the end--it is where Bond is in the silo with all 4 space shuttles or what ever they are, he has to disarm each one ,there is a backpack that he is suposed to use to get from one to the other but I can not control him at all, the back pack doesnt last long enough to "Just Fly" to each shuttle so i try to fly up and then float down but that takes time ,and you just dont have enough, I can get to the center control and pull the lever to access the disarm pannels pretty quickly, but they are at or close to the top of the missled and by the time i get 2 of them disamed i am out of time, I know it is doable and there is probaly somekind of a short cut or something i am just doing wrong but i have given up and went back and played the game over to see if there was another path i could take to get to that point some kind of lever i did not pull or something like that but i could not find anything diffrent
Like i was saying the walkthrough is no help since it gives directions to someplace else
Thanks for you help
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I was playing nightfire last night and i got to wondering if the walkthrough was set up for multi-player mode i could not get into a user group but i am planning to try tonight
James the Red
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by James the Red »

Back to H2, I have it, playing through it for a second time. I had to invest in a new video card. the last one died after I beat h2. Its a fun game, but the best part will be when they start releasing mods and stuff for CS. If anyone ever wants to get a local game going, I can try to make time. My brother just built a new comp, and is looking forward to playing h2 very soon!
just another fly on the wall of life

ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

I can get it going with my current video cards, but it's all laggy and slow. I have a network set up at home and none of the video cards are good enough. I need to get at least two new ones. Any suggestions?
James the Red
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by James the Red »

yes I do, here is a link

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDe ... 008&depa=0

aka
Rosewill ATI RADEON 9600XT Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "RW96XT-128D" -RETAIL

going for about 130 bucks, and well worth it.
just another fly on the wall of life

dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

or you can get this video card lol:
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/defaul ... EDC=714885

3D Lab WildCat Realizm 800
640MB GDDR3
PCI EXPRESS
$2,129.63