Forum Issues I've Noticed

You can talk about anything here
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Forum Issues I've Noticed

Post by Underdog »

Dear WR,
Today I was ranting about how much I hated Pauly Shore when your website came out and attacked me. I was only brused by the "incident" so no harm done. I'm not sure if there is a BBCode virus or what. Maybe the site has anger management problems and should seek counseling. I just want you to know I very much enjoy your website and hope that it will not physically abuse me in the future. Is there some sort of patch out there to prevent this? If so let me know.

Your friend,
Underdog
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Post by darkcloud617 »

yes, my Norton really kicks in when i am underground ozarks, and it keeps saying you computer is being attacked... and then when i leave UO my Norton goes back to normal... i just now relized that.
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

I fucking hate Norton Anti virus. Mine does nothting in UO, but hubby was looking for a chainsaw and almost every site he went into, Norton wouldn't let him in. The site would go crazy. I turned it off for 15 minutes and he was able to access the sites. Also, it scans my emails when I send them, even after I turned that option off. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

HMndnproud wrote:I fucking hate Norton Anti virus. Mine does nothting in UO, but hubby was looking for a chainsaw and almost every site he went into, Norton wouldn't let him in. The site would go crazy. I turned it off for 15 minutes and he was able to access the sites. Also, it scans my emails when I send them, even after I turned that option off. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
NOD32 is what I use. I got tired of Norton's virus program so I got something better. I rarely get errors here (except for the usual errors), but I mostly have active scripting turned off since I use IE. Also stops any pop up.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

I'm taking this to the off topic thread, so we don't get in trouble.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: Forum Issues I've Noticed

Post by White Rabbit »

Underdog wrote:Dear WR,
Today I was ranting about how much I hated Pauly Shore when your website came out and attacked me. I was only brused by the "incident" so no harm done. I'm not sure if there is a BBCode virus or what. Maybe the site has anger management problems and should seek counseling. I just want you to know I very much enjoy your website and hope that it will not physically abuse me in the future. Is there some sort of patch out there to prevent this? If so let me know.

Your friend,
Underdog
Um... Is something actually wrong or is this a joke? :P
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Post by darkcloud617 »

well, i am serious, my Norton really hates this site. That little thing in the corner of the screen keeps saying that my computer is getting attacked each and every time i am on this site... probably why i get so many error messeges. :cry:
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Re: Forum Issues I've Noticed

Post by Underdog »

White Rabbit wrote:
Underdog wrote:Dear WR,

Your friend,
Underdog
Um... Is something actually wrong or is this a joke? :P
What do you think. Can a website really cause someone physical bruses? Maybe emotional bruses but not physical. The site should still go through anger management training. Sexual harassment in the workplace training wouldn't hurt either.

Thats pretty funny that Norton is such a crap program that it thinks this site is attacking your computer. Thats...wow.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Post by darkcloud617 »

actually it is not Norton Antivirus it is Norton Interent Security, and the program was supposed to block anything that connects to your computer. So everything that comes into the computer is checked by Norton which in turn causes your computer to run realllllll slow... i would not suggest any Norton Programs to ANYONE. Actually i downloaded the Yahoo! Toolbar with Anti-spy and it found 2 adware programs on my computer that Norton didnt even see. for some reason amybe because of the cookies or somthing on this site it is reading it as a SpyWare attack :evil: however it did find plenty of programs or i would just uninstall it.
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

Shouldn't there be someway to configue the Norton program, so that it won't behave so badly. I am not good with it, and it pisses me off. I have turned off the email scan twice and it still keeps scanning my mail. Now, it asks me if I want to block certain cookies (which is not bad). I just don't know how to set it up correctly, if there is a way.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

RE: Forum Issues I've Noticed

Post by whipping_post »

Sorry, my knowledge of that portion ends with 2002-2003's versions. They've done a major revamp since then. Your best bet is to go to symantec's website and see what kind of hoops they make you jump through. The one place I use to go is no longer in service and is now a game site.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Post by darkcloud617 »

i think i am just going to go buy another program, because even if i could make it stop scanning everything that comes into my computer... it still doesnt get have of the things that is on my computer.