Story of a bunker in northeast MO.

You can talk about anything here
overslept
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Story of a bunker in northeast MO.

Post by overslept »

I have a friend who lives near a town called Trenton, Missouri I was speaking with his uncle while I was up visiting him and he told me about a large underground bunker near the town somewhere. Said he and some friends found it while hunting in some woods to the northeast of Trenton. The way he described it made it seem like it was similar to those large scale soviet era nuclear bunkers that you see an occasional youtube urbexer explore. He could not for the life of him remember anything more about its location but he said it had cars, gas masks, and large barrels of either fuel or purified water in it among other things. Does anyone at all have an idea where this is located or if this was just a tall tale he told me to take up time? I scoured maps and old newspaper articles and all came up empty handed.
we lost out here
squeaksman
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Story of a bunker in northeast MO.

Post by squeaksman »

To the west of Trenton is a substantial rock quarry with an awful lot of really old equipment laying around. Appears to be a lot of conveyors, perhaps from underground. And there is very few trees to the northeast of Trenton, but a lot of them around this quarry. If you look on Missouri's mining registration site, Trenton had an extensive amount of coal mining back in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Not sure, I couldn't find anything military or communication/microwave tower related that would require a "bunker".