Euro Time!

For things related to the site itself -- updates, problems, bugs, requests
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Euro Time!

Post by Sertile »

I just noticed that when one goes to the gallery and looks at when certain parts were updated, it lists the time in the European-style (Day/Month/Year) as opposed to American (Month/Day/Year). That's not really a problem or anything, I just found it a little peculiar. Is whatever program you're using European in origin?

I got in trouble once for writing all the dates down in D/M/Y format when I was cataloguing artifacts. I don't even know why I was doing it that way, all I know is everyone else was getting really confused by my dates :P
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: Euro Time!

Post by Willard »

Sertile wrote:I just noticed that when one goes to the gallery and looks at when certain parts were updated, it lists the time in the European-style (Day/Month/Year) as opposed to American (Month/Day/Year). That's not really a problem or anything, I just found it a little peculiar. Is whatever program you're using European in origin?

I got in trouble once for writing all the dates down in D/M/Y format when I was cataloguing artifacts. I don't even know why I was doing it that way, all I know is everyone else was getting really confused by my dates :P
That's really weird that they didn't want you to archive using day/month/year... I know that geneoligists use that format and I thougth that was what major historical institutions did as well...
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Hrm... I'm positive it didn't used to be that way. I think I might have monkeyed it up when I was playing with the Gallery the other day. I'll look into it.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Should be fixed now.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

That's really weird that they didn't want you to archive using day/month/year... I know that geneoligists use that format and I thougth that was what major historical institutions did as well...
Well, we were working on a dig, and would bring everything we dug up back to the lab, clean it, date it, and mark it with it's site number (all archaeological sites are numbered by county - Doling Cave is actually designated Greene Co. #1, I believe). The dates are so everyone will know what day we found it. This is North American archaeology, anyway, and archaeologists use completely different terminology for stuff found in the New World as opposed to Old World archaeology, for whatever reason.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/