Cocksucking Image Resizer won't resize my images!

For things related to the site itself -- updates, problems, bugs, requests
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Cocksucking Image Resizer won't resize my images!

Post by Sertile »

Motherfucking image resizer's only resizing about 1/3 of everything I feed into it, which is one reason I haven't posted any pictures in a long, long time. These are just regular JPEGs; do they have to meet any specific criteria in order to be resized properly or what?
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: Cocksucking Image Resizer won

Post by White Rabbit »

Mmmm... As far as I know, it doesn't have any size limitations. I even went over the code to see if there were any, but I didn't find any.

Are you uploading pretty large images or something? It could just be that the server's timing out before it finishes uploading the file, maybe, but that's just a guess. How long's it been doing this for you?

Anyone else having this problem?
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

They aren't particularly large to begin with... all between 400-500k. The odd thing is, it will resize some pictures, but then others the same size, taken at the same time, on the same camera, it rejects. It seems awfully random, but it consistantly rejects the same picture time and again. It's actually been doing it to me for a few months now, which is why I haven't been posting many pictures. Of course, that's a pretty lame excuse when you have photoshop.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Well, I've always intended to install an "official" image resizer, so this will give me an excuse to put in a better one anyway. The reason there's no official links to that one is because it was just a quick one I found and installed.

I don't know if it's the resizer or just something funky on your end, though. Honestly, I don't know what would cause it to happen either way. But, I'll look into putting in a new one, although there's a bunch of stuff ahead of it, so you might have to bear with the crappy one a bit longer.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Sure. I'll just figure out how to resize things on photoshop. I've been meaning to, anyway. But about it being on my end, the same thing happened to me when I tried to use it at the SMS library, so I don't think it's just me. It just doesn't seem to like certain pictures.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

All right. Since, after lots and lots of searching, I've found that the PHP image resizing script I want just doesn't exist, I'm going to have to code the damned thing myself. So, yeah, that will be my next major project as soon as I finish the new rank system.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

I have to say, I enjoy going to the resizer just to see what the last image resized was. Weird shit sometimes... As I write this, it's a photo of some dude in a tinfoil hat. This is why I always make it a point to resize a random crap image after I've sized something I don't want the whole world to see.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Post by KansasCity »

That's Jesse, don't mess with his hair.
I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary.

Aka Gringo Loco on KcUrbex.org and UER
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

RE: Cocksucking Image Resizer won't resize my images!

Post by youthsonic »

One thing you may wanna try is to have xp resize them for you. For example:
browse out to the folder that contains the images you want to resize, and select them
right click on them and choose sed to, then mail recipient.
you will get a dialog box asking if you want to make your pictures smaller. By default it will choose 640x480, but if you click on "More Options" you can choose 800x600 and 1024x768
click ok
you will then see an email window in outlook or outlook express. you will see a list of attachements that are the same name as the images you resized
select the attachments, and right click, then select cut
go out to another directory and paste
you now have resized images.

It sounds harder then it really is. Do it once or twice and you'll get the hang of it.
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I just started doing it with Photoshop. It was pretty easy once I figured out how. Thanks anyway, though.