An Announcement to Announce the Arrival of FLAIR

For things related to the site itself -- updates, problems, bugs, requests
UOmoderators
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

An Announcement to Announce the Arrival of FLAIR

Post by UOmoderators »

Fine citizenry and other constituents,

I bring tidings of news. I thought this was pre-announced somewhere before but like a good forum user, I completely ignored the search function and didn't see my answer within 2 seconds of scrolling so I decided to create a new post on the topic just to be sure.

FLAIR is arrived and there's more to come. Maybe.

The very first piece of FABULOUS FLAIR to bestow this magnificent website is "The OG". The OG's will recognize this icon and any non OG's best recognize regardless.

The OG FLAIR will be available to all the OG's by request (I tried assigning it automatically by date, but you can't specify a static date, so whatev).

You must pass a vigorous physical and psychiatric evaluation in order to be deemed worthy of "The OG". This inspection may leave you sore and/or traumatized, but I can ASSURE YOU that's a SMALL PRICE to pay for your very own piece of FLAIR.

EXCEPTIONS any OG's that I remember by name and can find within about 2 seconds of searching will have FLAIR manually pre-approved.

HONORARY OG's may be granted on a limited basis and in accordance with the assessed value of cash bribes or other shady deals made safely outside of the scrutiny of the public eye.

HOW IT WORKS:

1. YOU WANT FLAIR. OBVIOUSLY.
2. COMMENT HERE. OR PM US (UOADMINS) DIRECTLY.
3. YOU AGREE TO UNDERGO VIGOROUS EVALUATION (AND/OR PAY LARGE SUMS OF MONEY).
4. IF YOU PASS THE EVALUATION, YOU WILL THEN BE ABLE TO ASSIGN THE FLAIR TO YOURSELF. SEE ATTACHMENT FOR THE STEPS TO ASSIGN FLAIR. NOTE THAT THE STEPS WILL BE THE SAME FOR ANY OTHER FLAIR HENCEFORTH BEQUEATHED

FLAIR LIST
ALL NEW FLAIR AS OF TODAY'S ANNOUNCEMENT

All flair can also be found here: app.php/flair

1.Image THE OG: Underground Ozarks OG
2.Image PIRACY First Class: This comrade has captained illegitimate vessels across the high seas
3.Image Pirate Lord: This comrade has captained illegitimate vessels across the low seas (underground). Supersedes Piracy First Class
4.Image I LIKE TURTLES
5.Image I REALLY LIKE TURTLES
6.Image THE CREATOR (of Underground Oazrks)
7.Image THE ONE: The rarest FLAIR of all. This person risked their life by climbing the Armour Smokestack and all they got was this lousy FLAIR
8.ImageCLIMBING FOOL: This person is a real CLIMBING FOOL
5. MYSTERY FLAVOR
6. ???

-

SEE ATTACHMENT FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON CLAIMING YOUR FLAIR
Attachments
UO-FLAIR - Copy.png
UO-FLAIR - Copy.png (179.27 KiB) Viewed 37498 times
UOmoderators
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: An Announcement to Announce the Arrival of FLAIR - "The OG"

Post by UOmoderators »

ADDENDUM

What is FLAIR, you ask?

FLAIR is a badge of HONOR and DISTINCTION and it makes you HOT and DESIRABLE.

FLAIR shows up below your avatar section on any posts/comments/etc.

FLAIR represents an artificially produced materialistic trinket which you adopt as a core personality trait or identity that you wear on your sleeve for ALL THE WORLD TO SEE, just like VAPING and MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS.

FLAIR is AWESOME and YOU CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT

FLAIR is LIFE

*FLAIR may or may not be any of the above. FLAIR may be habit forming. FLAIR is known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects.
Attachments
UO-FLAIR2.png
UO-FLAIR2.png (31.27 KiB) Viewed 37488 times
UOmoderators
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: An Announcement to Announce the Arrival of FLAIR

Post by UOmoderators »

ADDENDUM TO THE ADDENDUM

WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING FLAIR ARTWORK/SUGGESTIONS

If you have an accomplishment that you want to commercialize and commodify for your own ego, feel free to suggest it.

If you can draw stuff that can look good sized down to the image size (approximately 44 x 44px) feel free to draw it and post it here. ".SVG" FORMAT PREFERRED

**Note that any submissions are subject to a completely arbitrary and hidden review/rejection process.

***Note that we reserve the right to steal FLAIR from anywhere else and repurpose it here
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

I'll take an, I don't know where Whippoorwill Cave is, so stop fuckin' DMing me about it!! badge.

I go there one time 15+ years ago and every noob that comes here thinks I'm the guy to ask.

But, seriously, maybe a special one for WR only as site creator.

And a "The One" one for stuff like WR's climb of the armour smokestack, where we can be reasonably sure he's the only one that ever did climb it and no one ever can again. In either a Neo/Matrix or "there can be only one"/Highlander theme.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
UOmoderators
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by UOmoderators »

Nicotti wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:01 pm I'll take an, I don't know where Whippoorwill Cave is, so stop fuckin' DMing me about it!! badge.

I go there one time 15+ years ago and every noob that comes here thinks I'm the guy to ask.

But, seriously, maybe a special one for WR only as site creator.

And a "The One" one for stuff like WR's climb of the armour smokestack, where we can be reasonably sure he's the only one that ever did climb it and no one ever can again. In either a Neo/Matrix or "there can be only one"/Highlander theme.
These FLAIR additions have been approved without any due process or democracy involved. Please allow 24-8,760 hours for the FLAIR to arrive.
Snoopy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Snoopy »

Finally i can have FLAIR and flex on those TikTok explorers!
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

:lol: :lol:
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

I don't post much on here any more, but have numerous requests for Whippoorwill cave also. Probably from the same people. Been lot years since I went there. My 1st time there I unfortunately went in the wet entrance.

For anyone who sent me a message in next week I'll try and reply to anyone who sent me different cave questions.