nothing major..

For things related to the site itself -- updates, problems, bugs, requests
Barracuda
Saucy
Saucy

nothing major..

Post by Barracuda »

Lately, while I'm replying to a post, I've noticed the little "Post Subject:" right above where I'm typing is always blank. The thread title isn't in it anymore. Not really a problem, just more of an observation.
I have noticed, also, that Hiccup is still alive. What's up with that?

Damnit, it just worked fine when I previewed it. Let me go play around with it and figure out what the hell I'm talking about.
Barracuda
Saucy
Saucy

Post by Barracuda »

Aha! Ok, it's not when I'm replying, it's when I click on the little arrow-y things under "Last Post" to read the last post in a thread. That's when I don't see the subject title. But I do see it when I click on the thread's title to read it.
Has it always been like that?
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Okay... I'm not really sure what you're talking about here... When you reply it's not filling in the subject line... or what?
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Wait, I think I know what you're talking about. When you use the Quick Reply, it doesn't fill in a subject to your post (although I'm gonna fix that). When you click Reply To Topic, it replies to whatever the subject on the first post in the topic is. If you click Quote, it uses the subject from whatever post you're replying to. So, if the post you're replying to doesn't have a subject (like all the posts from the new quick reply), then it the subject line will be blank on your reply screen.

Is that what you're talking about?
Barracuda
Saucy
Saucy

Post by Barracuda »

Well, ya, kinda. I noticed that too but it also doesn't have a subject line before I even reply. Let me try to paint a clear picture- I go to a forum (let's say Other since I'm there all the time), and when I click on a thread title there is a subject title listed. But if I click on the little arrows that are next to the name of the last reply and go to the same screen, there's no subject title. It's blank.
It's not really a problem. It was just an observation. I know you put a lot of hard work into your site and you like it to be perfect. I didn't know if you wanted it that way or if you hadn't noticed it yet.
Barracuda
Saucy
Saucy

Post by Barracuda »

Ok, I was chatting about this with Hiccup and she pointed out that it doesn't do that in the old threads before you installed Quick Reply. So, ya, you're right. When you're right, you're right, and you? you're always right.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Ah, okay, good. One less thing I need to fix :P
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: nothing major..

Post by White Rabbit »

Just a small note to say that the quick reply adds a subject automatically now.