Auto-login problems - try this first

For things related to the site itself -- updates, problems, bugs, requests
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Auto-login problems - try this first

Post by White Rabbit »

Some of us have been having problems with the auto-login feature, with having to log back in when we've been off the forum for a while.

I made some changes to the cookie settings. So, if you experience this problem, DO THIS:

Clear your cookies.
Clear your browser's cache.
Restart your browser.
Log back into the site and click "Automatically log me in".

If it STILL doesn't keep you logged in after doing that, please, please, please post here and let me know. I'm trying to narrow down the problem and that will help me do it.
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

getting worse.
----------This space for rent----------
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

It's still doing it for you?

Anyone else?
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

RE: Auto-login problems - try this first

Post by whipping_post »

I had it log me out again but I was away from the computer for a few minutes. Again, I thought it was just an auto-logoff feature of some type and didn't question it. It's sporadic for me because I was on either Saturday or Sunday and it did fine, but today it logged me off. I was on in the afternoon/evening Saturday and this morning afternoon today if that helps narrow down what might be happening.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Well... If you click "Automatically log in to the forum" (or whatever it says) when you login, you shouldn't ever have to log in again, unless you click log out OR you use a different computer.

Here's the thing. Right now, a LOT of webmasters who did the upgrade are reporting this issue. The problem is, we don't know if it's because of incorrect cookie settings (that worked but shouldn't have on the previous versions) or if it's a genuine bug in the new upgrade.

So, that's why if you're having the problem, you need to clear your cookies, clear your browser's cache, THEN log in with Auto-login checked, and THEN tell me if it's still doing it.
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Post by darkcloud617 »

I am too, but i think mine could of been because of the Opera browser.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I'm one of those people that ALWAYS cleans his cache, his cookies and everything else. I hasn't happened this evening but if it does, I'll let you know.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

Post by youthsonic »

I've noticed the same thing on kcurbex.org... I think it's a bug actually
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"