Attaching attachments

For things related to the site itself -- updates, problems, bugs, requests
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Attaching attachments

Post by Sertile »

Hey, I need some help. I can't figure out how to attach pictures and things to my posts. The FAQ says there should be an "attach" box under the message box when I write this, but there isn't one. All I see is a place to add a poll, which I have no interest in doing. I've got some things I'd like to show off as soon as I figure this out, so somebody help me please!
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Attaching attachments

Post by White Rabbit »

You're not crazy. The forum does have an attachment feature, but I usually keep it turned off preserve disk space. I have a huge amount of unused space, but it wouldn't take too long for it to get filled up if everyone posted a million pictures. But, we don't have that many users yet, so I'm just being overly cautious.

I'll turn on attachments for the forums for a while, so feel free to post your stuff.
James the Red
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by James the Red »

somehting I prefer when I post is to have a website with your pics. Just post a link, so someone could open a new window and still read what you got to say without waiting for a bunch of mimages to load.
just another fly on the wall of life

Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I used to have some webspace on Angelfire and I'm pretty sure it's still up. I'm wondering about a couple of things, though. First of all is whether or not I can use Angelfire pages to remotely link pictures to this message board. Of course, all I have to do is try. The second thing is potentially more important: If I'm using personal webspace to display or contain photographs from my UE adventures, how do I keep from incriminating myself?
James the Red
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by James the Red »

be easier just to post a link to the site, and angelfire no longer allows remote linking, kinda sucks.

The best way not to incriminate yourself is to blur the image. I would like to think odds are against you getting in trouble for a few pics, but honestly its a good idea to remove head shots. There could be one guy who is looking to mess with people, and that would be a dead give away.
just another fly on the wall of life

White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Pretty much what James said. But feel free to use the attach images feature on posts for now. If we start to run out of space (which would take a long time anyway), then I'll turn it off. But for now, knock yourselves out.