Why is it that most users never post?

For things related to the site itself -- updates, problems, bugs, requests
BacktotheFuture4Life
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Why is it that most users never post?

Post by BacktotheFuture4Life »

Anyone know? It seems like quite a few users have joined, but have 0 posts...
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: Why is it that most users never post?

Post by mindwaave »

You should ask them!

Forum content does suffer at the popularity of social media platforms, but all I've recently seen on those sites is an increase in toxicity and trolling and irrelevant discussion. So for users like me, a topic-specialized forum remains my home on the web for urbex. The recent revitalization of KCUrbex signals that there are certainly likeminded folks out there, and the idea of throwing a UO BBQ has been thrown around here before...

Social media pollutes everything it encompasses. But it's also some weak sauce when subreddits use the name of an already established site :P
Preservation over plunder.
BacktotheFuture4Life
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

mindwaave wrote:You should ask them!

Forum content does suffer at the popularity of social media platforms, but all I've recently seen on those sites is an increase in toxicity and trolling and irrelevant discussion. So for users like me, a topic-specialized forum remains my home on the web for urbex. The recent revitalization of KCUrbex signals that there are certainly likeminded folks out there, and the idea of throwing a UO BBQ has been thrown around here before...

Social media pollutes everything it encompasses. But it's also some weak sauce when subreddits use the name of an already established site :P
I do like the old look of this site, reminds me of the old message boards I used to go on. I actually would feel safe meeting up with people here, as opposed to social media where I don't feel very comfortable meeting up. This whole site's kind of a small, yet active community, and I like that. I would probably go to a UO BBQ, and I've read about the one or two they had on the main page of the site. :D
BacktotheFuture4Life
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

lol I forgot I registered a while back, but never posted as Livingby theLake. Quite a bad username. :P
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

A lot of people like free information without contributing.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand