washington dc

Urban exploration outside of the Ozarks area
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

washington dc

Post by graffitifetish »

I'm here briefly and doubt I'll get the chance, BUT... anyone know of anything out this way?
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: washington dc

Post by junkman306 »

Hi fiti!!!!!!!!! Hows the capital? :D
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

Post by graffitifetish »

I'm going on record as saying I hate the Hyatt here.

It would be better with some potential exploration leads...
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: washington dc

Post by junkman306 »

graffitifetish wrote:I'm going on record as saying I hate the Hyatt here.

It would be better with some potential exploration leads...
Wow. You'd think they'd have brochures in the lobby on stuff to explore. :lol:
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
cherry63376
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cherry63376 »

visit harpers ferry. it is fifty miles away. you will love it. That is where the head quarter for the appalation trail is. Some say that is where the civil war started. That is not true. We all know where the civil war started. President kennedy was stationed where the civil war started for awhile but had to be gotten out of there because of his phalandering and was put on a pt boat in the pacific. Hint. (Fort Sumpter).
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: washington dc

Post by BROUSER »

Rent a bike, take the bike trails that run along the Potomac in front of Georgetown parallel to Canal Road.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

Post by graffitifetish »

I think I should clarify a bit. I have limited resources while here, etc, and it actually turns out the Hyatt we're in is in Arlington, although I did manage to get into parts of a semi-abandoned building nearby (I aborted the mission when I about broke a homeless man's legs in a promising stairwell). I also got up on roof at this Hyatt last night. Wanting to aim for the roof in actual DC but not sure if family will take me there (rental cars).

Anyway, I know there's lots to see and do here, but my dad used to live here so I've done most of it, even though it's been awhile. I was thinking more like abandonments, but I seem to be doing all right on my own!
CasperMilkToast
Bearer of Man-Thong
Bearer of Man-Thong

Post by CasperMilkToast »

Check on UER.ca... I'm sure there are things listed on there.
The problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time. - Robin Williams
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

Watch out for the NSA there in DC... they might think you're an islamic terrorist or something!
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I still say take the bike paths along Canal Road. There are some abandonments there, although I didn't get into any of them.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

Post by graffitifetish »

Didn't get a chance to do any of that stuff--my mom is an incompetent city driver, and refused to realise that I would do a far better job--so we circled the city endlessly and got lost five thousand times (she won't listen to directions, either).

*SIGH*
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

Ahh crap, I wish I would have seen this. There are lots of abandoned things to see in and around DC. Within 15 miles of down town there are 3 abandoned hospitals/sanitariums a prison and 2 satalite dishes that you can climb up into.

FYI, DC has the most screwed up roads I have ever seen. Especialy how the roads are laid out in a diamond and a square pattern. I spent 8 months there and still got messed up every time I went down town. That and parking for a large vehical is non existant. I meet up with Brouser in DC for breakfast one day and it took me forever to find out how to get to the place even tough it was only 2 miles away.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I think it was the same place 'Fiti was as, we stayed there one night. Hyatt in Arlington.
― Ken Ham