Welll...

Urban exploration outside of the Ozarks area
SlyFoxx
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Welll...

Post by SlyFoxx »

I'm not sure if anyone's seen this, unfortunately, we didn't expect to see this & didn't have a camera ready. If/when we get up towards Dallas again, we're gonna try to take some pix but anyway, there's this abandoned looking amusement place shaped like the Starship Enterprise. Down the road from it is the longest catapillar made of those round hanger looking buildings & each one is painted & put together to look like a cartoonish catapillar. This was actually on one of those roadside attractions websites but I didn't know about the Enterprise looking building. It looked like it had go carts or something. We were driving too fast for me to get a good look. It's on the I-35 East going North from Waco to Dallas. It's on the right had side going TOWARDS Dallas. Anyhoo, just thought I'd pass on the information. That was last fall so I dunno if it's still there. Worth checking out maybe??
SlyFoxx
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Welll...

Post by SlyFoxx »

Ok, I looked it up. The Enterprise looking building was named Starship Pegasus & was a pizza place with Lunar golf, games & other activities. Out back there was four mounds shaped/painted like four of the planets, plus has a rocket ship that was said to be a telescope. The property is for sale. The owner is looking for a new location & to build something larger elsewhere to make it a big ta-doo. It probably didn't go over well since you can't see it til you get upone it. If it were off the freeway further back, it probably wudda gotten more business. A person could see it in the distance & know when to turn off the freeway. Anyhoo, I think it'd make a killer mini-golf course if anyone wants to go in on it w/me. :wink: :wink: The catapillar looking building I read is actually baloon type things w/sprayon concrete or something like that. They sell those types of structures from what I could understand on the webpage. Anyhoo, glad I cud find something about it, perhaps at least the starship thingy wud make a good place to look around. 8)