Cape Cod "Thing"

Urban exploration outside of the Ozarks area
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Cape Cod "Thing"

Post by Sertile »

I found this place out on one of the bike trails here on the Cape. I think it used to be some kind of cement plant or something. Someone told me was still in operation until about a year ago, when they were shut down for not having the right kind of license or something. I feel like it's probably been longer though, on account of all the broken windows and whatnot

There was one main building and several outbuildings, all of which were wide open but covered in "No Trespassing" signs, and a kind of tower. There was also a tunnel/crawlspace under one of the buildings, but one end was collapsed and it didn't really go anywhere.

The place wasn't all that impressive, but I thought I'd share.
Attachments
Tower
Tower
Outside
Outside
Inside
Inside
Tunnel
Tunnel
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

RE: Cape Cod "Thing"

Post by Sertile »

I went back again yesterday. Checked out a couple more buildings there, but neither was very interesting, so I decided to go ahead and climb the tower, which turned out to be pretty dangerous.

The stairs going down the ground were totally gone, so I had to scale the first story by hand. There were stairs going up two more stories to the second tier and another set of stairs at the top that would have led up to a third tier, but they were just hanging over dead air. The stairs were in pretty bad shape, and a lot of steps were missing, so I had to jump between a lot of them.

When I tried to get down I stepped on a loose one, which fell out from under me and made an awful racket. I had to catch myself on the guard rails to keep from falling, and sort of swing down over the gap to the next step (which luckily didn't break).
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Cape Cod "Thing"

Post by ropingk »

so you and W/R have a lot in comon
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Punctual
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

RE: Cape Cod "Thing"

Post by Punctual »

exept WR's was 80 ft in the air
WR holds Burger Record at WF cody's
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Re: Cape Cod "Thing"

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, I was only 30 ft up, and I probably would've landed on the ledge halfway down, so I wouldn't have died but I would've been pissed off.

The scary part was there were trucks coming in to dump stuff, and one stopped right around the time I almost fell. I could see the driver looking around, and I'm pretty sure he heard the racket I made, but I don't think he could see me.