Outside Houston, TX; Evacuated Town

Urban exploration outside of the Ozarks area
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Outside Houston, TX; Evacuated Town

Post by tyler »

I was listening to some men talk about an abandoned town outside of Houston, Texas. It's a somewhat recent evacuation that took place during George Bush's time as Texas Governor. But there is a very high amount of a very toxic element in the town. Within a one-year-period, 17 new-born babies were born with physical gender deformations such as neutral-gender and the condition of hermaphrodite. And those were the ones who weren't spontaneously aborted due to the toxins.

The government had them check it out and due to the extreme levels of whatever this toxin was, they immediately evacuated the town. Some 100+ homes in subdivisions, elementary school, junior high school, high school, business, cars sitting in driveways. It's a literal ghost town, as though everyone mysteriously disappeared.

The very strange part of this occurs when a man broke into the town (it's next to impossible to get into, and is certainly not advised as it's deadly). But a man broke into the town to show a reporter some of the horrid environmental flukes. For instance, when the snow falls...it's a shade of green, animals are green (rabbits in particular, there was apparently video or pictoral documentation). They say it's unsafe to not only be in the town, but within 100 miles of it. But thanks to the new laws set out by our environmentally conscious president (do we have any sarcasm tags I could put that in?) The EPA doesn't have to clean the site up, nor can anyone hire a lawyer to sue the EPA to do so.

A funny fact, buildings outside of the site have green roofs. And also, the MacDonalds Bakery for the entire north-east is located outside of the site, they too have a green roof.

Anyway, I thought this was a really interesting story and wanted to share it. Also, if anyone knows of extra information on this, I would love some direction.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Outside Houston, TX; Evacuated Town

Post by White Rabbit »

Hmm... I know that dioxin poisoning makes animals grow green fur, so that'd be my guess. I'll try and run down some information on this, though.
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

That's it. That's what it was. Thank you.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I can't find squat about this town on the internet (and I'm one hell of a search engine mechanic). The only thing I could find was this article:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 259924.DTL

It mentions an abandoned elementary school in Texas contaminated by toxic sludge from a refinery and says that there were birth defects with the genitalia. It sounds like that's the place you're talking about. That's the sole mention I could find of it, though.

If anyone passing through knows the name of the town, let us know.
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Thanks for the link. Maybe now I'll actually pull Bushwacked off the shelf. I've had that for a while now and if it has information on the Texas incident, I'd like to see what they have to say. Thanks man.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Yeah, if you do find out where that town is, let me know here. I'm kinda curious about it now. And it's not like Houston's that far away.
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Outside Houston, TX; Evacuated Town

Post by downhil »

ivecomeasiam wrote: For instance, when the snow falls...it's a shade of green,
its got to be fake.....snow in houston! :lol:

either way i've never heard this story.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

If the book doesn't give the name of the town, try getting ahold of the author or cross refrence the sources the author used... the authors address and the sources he used are usually in the back of the book.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by downhil »

so did the story you heard give any indication to what the toxic stuff is or how it got out? i dont know of what or where this could possibly be. nearly all of my family lives in that area, and my brother goes to college down there; so im down there frequently.
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Yeah, it was due to some overabundance of dioxin in the area. The air, the soil, the water...everything. I'm reading from two seperate sources and trying to see if they are the same...it seems as though they are, but I have no definitive point to link them together. But there was a type of industrial plant that had was using dioxin and carelessly disposed of it as most industrial plants did while under Bush's governing in Texas and continue to do now. But after the aforementioned cases of birth defects....they sent people to find out what was going on and they discovered the intense levels of dioxin poisoning in the water and soil. Thusly, they moved everyone out of the town and it's all there now...only it's fenced in and it takes some work to get inside. So not only is it difficult to get in, it's apparently highly unsafe.
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by downhil »

ill keep my ears to the ground, and see what turns up.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I am no chemist but I am almost sure that Dixon is a by product
It isn't likely that anyone was using "Dixon" now keep in mind I could be 100% wrong and I may be but the stuff that Killed Times beach was a by product of all the diffrent oils and solvents that were mixed togther and sprayed
it could have been produced and no one even knew what it was or that they were producing it?
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Yeah, you're correct. It's a by-product by certain processes of creating herbicides and others. But it's also man-made in instances for containment and waste breakdown.
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by downhil »

White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Outside Houston, TX; Evacuated Town

Post by White Rabbit »

downhil wrote:this has to be it.
Mmm... I'm not so sure. The only stuff I was able to find said an elementary school was contanimated from refinery waste. This sounds like it may be something else.

But it does remind me of something. There's an area down around Omaha, AR that's contaminated with what think is the same stuff they're talking about in that article. I know that I heard it was something they used to treat the wood for telephone poles, so it sounds like the same stuff. It's only a few acres, though, and there's really nothing on it.