Mystery Hill

Urban exploration outside of the Ozarks area
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Mystery Hill

Post by BROUSER »

My wife should have been warned when I insisted on stopping by here on our New England Honeymoon. Fall foliage be damned, I want to see where Yog-Sothoth would rise.
http://unmuseum.mus.pa.us/mysthill.htm
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Mystery Hill

Post by Willard »

Very strange.... I wanna go see it!
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

wow, I had actually never heard of this before. That would definately be awesome to check out.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

I have driven by this place several times as it is close to 95 but I have never stopped. I have alway read that it is a joke of a place and I was always in a hurry to get some where else. Close by in salem though there is a big boulder with some funky engravings and they have found traces of blood on it. The symble on the boulder is some kind of old school viking demon one and right in front of the boulder is where the salem witchcraft girls first went nuts. I can't remember the entire story but arheologist were able to tell that the symble was there before the colonist arrived and that it might have been from the vikings.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Mystery Hill

Post by BROUSER »

Mystery Hill isn't really much to look at it, it's no REAL Stonehenge, but it is kind of weird. I had actually read the H.P. Lovecraft story before I realized this was a real place. It wasn't the kind of place where you looked at it and said wow, but if you stood and thought and about it, it was pretty cool.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
slow_walker

Re: Mystery Hill

Post by slow_walker »

BROUSER wrote: I had actually read the H.P. Lovecraft story....
I love his stories!!!